Boost ? a 18C5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shaneb

I just put a itr motor in my 91 hatch and was thinking of boosting on it . Would this be a good idea or should i just build the motor up ? MY goal is to reach mid 12's or high 12's . I would like to do this all motor if posible.....

Definitely doable all-motor, boosting it with stock internals isnt the best idea because of the high compression, but that is also doable.

if all you want to do is run 12's your motor is very capable without the use of a turbo......... just build up the bottom and top ends and you will be running your desired time....

gutt it, slicks, good clutch and flywheel combo, open oem header, any type of intake and you should hit it.

Have seen fully gutted EG's pull 12.4 with a bone stock ITR motor, but the car was gutted to hell, slicks, and clutch...

for cable the S1 tranny is pretty nasty, great gearing very quick. For hydro the best oem unit is the jspec ITR tranny with it's OK lsd, gearing, and 4.7 final drive.

every one says that the ys1 is the better tranny. I have the s1 and it's ok so far. i was thinking of puting itr tranny on with the lsd because it seems that the old cable trannys grind 2 or 3rd to much at high rpm . and it's really hard to find parts for the cable trannys like the synchros and stuff..........

Originally posted by shaneb@Oct 7 2003, 05:47 PM
every one says that the ys1 is the better tranny. I have the s1 and it's ok so far. i was thinking of puting itr tranny on with the lsd because it seems that the old cable trannys grind 2 or 3rd to much at high rpm . and it's really hard to find parts for the cable trannys like the skink rollls and stuff..........

sink rolls! lol its synchros.

Back