Boost a d series or a b series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Money no object? Go with the B over the D. Sure, you can make 400whp on the D, but it's always easier to make the same amount of power with a larger displacement engine. You can run less boost and have a fuller torque curve down low too.

Money no object? Go with the B over the D. Sure, you can make 400whp on the D, but it's always easier to make the same amount of power with a larger displacement engine. You can run less boost and have a fuller torque curve down low too.

Word to that.
icon14.gif

Also, if you search you can find 1 meelion threads on (motor) vs (motor) in the archives. Not too too much has changed.

Haha...you people take things the wrong way. And eg6sir. I'm a noob to the site man. DOesn't really mean anything if you ask me.

People ALWAYS tell people to search and jsut like the motor vs motor subject...nothing has changed. The people that didn't search still dont and never will. I just find it to be a waste of time instead of helping the guy. That's all.

Oh blanco i understand where you're coin from trust me. But i just dont see people changing either. He's right though. This is a topic that has been covered a number of times and no one takes the time to search. I guess it feels better to get advice on your very own question. you know what I mean?

Got ya. How are his decisions on the build going anyways. Gettin curious.

Jeeeeez. He just wants some advice man. I'm sure by reading the title of the topic you knew what it was about so why did you even bother saying anything. Anyways...Boost the B18b. In my opinion they're a better motor for it. Don't know why just never really been turned on by the single cams. I gotta buddy with a boosted Ls and it smokes. He's somewhere around 280whp. I forgot. But he runs 12's and he hasnt spent more then 2000 dollars. So do it.

every week someone asks about this it seems

..I can tell you from personal experiance, I used to have a Boosted D16Y8...it was a bitch, and only put down 312whp.

however, this another guy near me who has a 400+ whp boosted D16Y8.

I'm just about to start boosting and building my 2G teggy with B18A1, and it just seems like the build's gonna be a lot easier.

..I can tell you from personal experiance, I used to have a Boosted D16Y8...it was a bitch, and only put down 312whp.

however, this another guy near me who has a 400+ whp boosted D16Y8.

I'm just about to start boosting and building my 2G teggy with B18A1, and it just seems like the build's gonna be a lot easier.

Only 312? Man i would die for that right now:p

I have a buddy with my old d16y7 that is now turbo'd. 178,000 miles. Stock internals. Just changed the timing belt. Made 198whp and 180 tq. Not too shabby at all, it is tuned well. I believe its an eclipse turbo, forgot to ask what size. He said something about td04, but it was difficult to understand what he was saying over the straight 3" exhaust. This is in a 97 coupe, and the sucker scoots pretty good. Even with the d16's longass gears.

Back