Boost an LS help me PLZ!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acurabdby

Hey
I've finally decided on the LS over the GSR so now I'm wanting to start the build up 1 step at a time but to do it the right way, the 1st time.I want to go with a T3/T4 hybrid turbo haven't decided what brand yet but I want you guys expertise to have a succesful build up.

So once again please advise!!!

Thanks in advance.
:roll:

Well I would like to go into the high 200's possibly low 300's I'd love to have the power plus there's alot of Supra's and WRX's around here that think they are the sit which I give them props and all but they gotta recognize that Honda's are Supreme!

No, honda's are not supreme. sorry.

the only thing they are going to recognize is that you dumped money into a civic and called it a day.

if you want low 300s from an ls, reliably, you're going to need about 4-6k.

the turbo stuff will vary depending on what you go with, but lets assume you get a kit. 3000-4000.
add hondata, injectors, 3-bar map = 5-700
sell fmu or what ever hack job comes with kit = + $50-100
3" exahust = 600
3" cat = 250
gauges, boost controller, and electronics = 500-1500
dyno time, tuning= 500

it adds up fast.

then, you need to take into consideration- putting it to the ground.

wheels/tires 700-1000+
suspension- 500-1500+
brakes to be able to stop you from your new found speed- 4-500+

misc shit- vacum lines, hoses, zip ties, drill bits, blah blah.. it adds up too.. 200+

and now, your motor is still bone stock.

the clutch, won't hold 300 hp.
+500-1000

if you're slammed, you're going to be snapping axels left and right.

300, you might want to consider doing pistons and rods too to be on the safe side-
500-1000+ + labor.

quick math puts this over 10k.

Originally posted by acurabdby@Feb 14 2004, 12:08 PM
Hey
I've finally decided on the LS over the GSR so now I'm wanting to start the build up 1 step at a time but to do it the right way, the 1st time.I want to go with a T3/T4 hybrid turbo haven't decided what brand yet but I want you guys expertise to have a succesful build up.

So once again please advise!!!

Thanks in advance.
:roll:

I am doing the same thing with my GS I have no idea what to do or what turbo to go with I am currently looking at Rev Hard, unfortunately I do not know too much about this stuff. I am also wanting to run a Hondata and found out that I need to convert from OBD2 to OBD1 to run the Hondata S200 that is an extra $275 so if you have an OBD2 system you can add that to your costs. I think you should listen to pissedoffsol he knows ALOT more than I do. :spin:

It can be done much cheaper though by piecing stuff together and builing your own turbo kit Ive built my entire turbo kit for under 700. I got a t3 from a saab for dirt cheap with no shaft play. I also got some dsm 450cc injectors for cheap and a 1gen dsm bov a dsm fuel pump a custom coach intercooler and a manifold for 150 and charge pipes and downpipe welded by a local shop for cheap and i use a safc for fuel managment it works great and reads boost in bar and finally the oil lines from stealthmode performance. A great website for this kinda stuff is homemadeturbo.com its a great site and very helpfull . Im hoping for 250 or so with my setup and all for 700$. The turbo part of it can be done for alot cheaper than 3000 but the rest of the stuff i wouldnt skip on.

Back