boost and suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol yeah probably not a lot of off-boost power then.

how much are you looking to spend?

well obviously as I am sure anyone would, I want to spend as less as possible but I also want to get good quality as well...which you can't go cheap and get good quality unless ya come across good deal..but I really don't have an answer for that right now...but I am pretty sure I am gonna just shoot for about 250whp...but for $$$ to spend on suspension...it all depends on what I will need to get, or end up getting and I will spend what I need to...i am def. on a budget, but i wanna do it right so if it takes longer to do that than thats ok with me...but I def. won't be able to afford the absolute best,but best bang for a a buck I guess you can say are the products I am looking for...

Last edited:
i was thinking about just doing the springs and shocks instead of the coilovers...I dunno if I want to lower it yet any...I think if I am going to do coilovers I would completely do the who suspension which would be a couple 1,000 prob. so maybe I should just go with springs and shocks

well my buddy has some coilovers i can get and i think were gonna use those and get a camber kit and I should be good for the time being with that...

well what I would guess is that, and please correct me if I am wrong...the coilovers would be replacing my existing shocks correct? and ya'll advised me that the stock one's wouldn't cut it so even if I am just doing a 2" drop ill have the new or newer coilover's to help with the overall suspension...

you dont necessarily need 'coilovers'. you can get adjustable firmness struts and springs for the height you need. cheaper alternative.

I understand completely that coilovers aren't needed I was just saying my friend has some, and even though they are used I am sure I can't get the them for a really good price... probably no where near what I would have to pay for new coilovers or spring/strut combo...and all i was trying to state was that, even though they are not needed it would be a plus to have them, putting the fact aside that I can get them for little money, i'll still have coilovers which is what I wanted... so this way seems like the best way for me to go My only concern though is that even though I might be only doing a 2" drop, i was told that when doing anything like this I am going to run into some long term suspension problems, unless I buy a whole bunch of new parts in which they said would prob be a couple grand, hench where I go that figure in the previous post

I just won't be able to use the power full untill I get the suspension...but I might not even go 300whp...I definitely want to get as much as i can, but it is going to be my DD, and I know Blanco preaches about not worrying about the PSI number but If it takes 25lbs of boost to put my car at 300whp that prob. wouldn;t be best on a DD...correct me if I am wrong though...

couldnt you just get a boost controller and turn it down for a DD, then when you want to race turn it up.

my .02

Last edited:
You are gonna need different fuel/timing maps for each of the boost setting. If you tune it for 400 hp and turn the boost down for DD its going to run pig rich. Vice versa, if you just turn the boost up, you are going to lean it out and blow it up.

My ex roommate has an srt-4 and though he could just turn the boost up with a wastegate actuator hack. 5k miles later he had holes in his pistons.

2Timer from moates.net FTW. lets you have 2 different sets of maps on the same chip, selectable via a switch.

Were "they" trying to sell you something?

no it is one of friends dad that did some body work for me...he said that one of his friends, which it was diff car than mine, but he lowered it and did like everything you could for the suspension to make it I guess as smooth riding as possible, but he ended up spending a couple grand on it

Back