Boost Civic Si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

Hi, I currently have a 2000 Civic SI and I don't know how I should mod it. N/A? or Boost? I'd like some suggestions on how to go along with modding my car because I'm really clueless on this. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

if u do boost it, stay the fuck off so. cali streets.

your boosted dohc, will beat the shit out of my boosted sohc. :lol:

may all boosted dohc's rot in hell :angry:

If I were to get the Greddy Turbo kit or Jackson Racing Supercharger kit for my car, what other things would I need to get to the car running healthy and reliably. This will be my everyday driver for a long time and I'm just looking for some extra power. Can someone please lsit the things I will need to have a healthy boosted car. Thanks!

first of all dont go SC only turbo trust me,...now youll need...low compression pistons lik 9.2, rods, rings, good flowing FMIC(greddy kits dont come with them), resleeving, get ur head/valves checked make sure none r bent etc, get urself hondata (www.hondata.com) its well worth it, that will ,amoung other great things, let ur ecu read boost which u need. other than that its all fuell managment, IMO. with a good set up with the 18g turbo u could easily make 300+hp with good fuell management, good luck to u

You don't need to change pistons and resleeve. Running all stock internals could get you to 240-250whp without any problems. Good tuning is still important though, so a Hondata setup with boost option would be a good investment.

need them? no, but IMO i wouldnt boost on a honda without them...id much rather be safe than sorry, and hav confiednce in my set up...but thats just me, i can be anal about it, haha :rolleyes:

Go talk to some people who own or have experience with the different kits and look into something like a Greddy kit. It will come with everything you will need to get a feel for what its like to own a turbo car. There are big differences in bolt on turbo kits and built turbo cars. You really need to experience the first before you commit to building a motor, it takes a lot of time, patience and hard work to do it right and with time you get faster and better at it. Run the stock block with the kit for a while, dont push the boost up to high or you'll experience what stops many people from continueing on the the world of turbos, a blown motor. If you do decided this is for you, then start looking around and talking to people about engine builds and have some fun. Good luck

Originally posted by Integra1990@Jun 24 2003, 02:04 PM
need them? no, but IMO i wouldnt boost on a honda without them...id much rather be safe than sorry, and hav confiednce in my set up...but thats just me, i can be anal about it, haha :rolleyes:

Same here. :lol:

But you don't have to change out internals to run boost... I've seen quite a few examples of high powered and reliable stock internal boost setups. Their owners just tuned them well, and took good care of them.

Back