Boost Controler at Petsmart????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

did you know you can go buy a thing at petsmart or any pet store that costs like 7 bucks and u can use it to control boost?? I dont know exactly what it is but some guys were talkin about it last night, they know what there talking about too so it wasnt BS, it was some kind of valve or something, any of you ever heard of that.

ghetto fabulous...

i personally would not nigger-rig a boost controll, especially with somehting from "pet smart"....

what if is fucks up somehow?

your up shit creek.

turbo timer? maybe.

boost controller....never.

there is a reason why boost controllers cost so much money.......

manual boost controllers are highly un-reliable, and are a bitch to setup.

all a boost controller does is "bleed out" some pressure in the line back to the wastegate, thus tricking the wastegate into thinking that there is less psi being made than there actually is, and thus continues to make pressure

"manual boost controllers are highly un-reliable"
I used a turbo xs high ref. boost controller on my previous car. I liked it.
But i will go with a greddy profec b in my civic if i can buy one for a reasonable price

I don't know about petsmart, but i got all the parts i needed for my boost controller at home depot for like $1.66

1 1/4 male threaded nipple
1 1/4 female threaded nipple
1 1.5 inch utility spring
3/16'' ball bearing

i dont see how a homemade boost controller is so much more unreliable than an electric one...its nothing but a ball bearing and a metal housing...the only thing i can see that would go wrong is the spring would go bad after a long time. Thats when you go back to home depot and get another 8 cent spring :)

karnash, you can tell me why boost controllers cost so much...tell me what is so different from a homemade boost controller and a turboxs manual boost controller..pretty blue anodizing and a sticker?

Back