boost cooler?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah I was about curious about that, because I know that you can run straight water, straight meth, or a 50/50 mix but I wasn't to sure about using window washer fluid

Thats just what i heard on Spike TVs TRUCKS review of it.:shrug2:

bigest problem with meth injection is it is extreamly corrosive and eats away at charge pipes intake mani and cyl heads

that's why I think they only recommend a 50/50 mix with meth and water, so it's not as corrosive as it could be, but really good point!

bigest problem with meth injection is it is extreamly corrosive and eats away at charge pipes intake mani and cyl heads

Now many engines use methanol compatible coatings. I can't say the same for Al charge piping. All I can say is just paint/powder coat it.

Now many engines use methanol compatible coatings. I can't say the same for Al charge piping. All I can say is just paint/powder coat it.

Exactly, the first thing I need to replace is my aluminum charge piping setup. I think I'm going stainless, and I'll need to do something about the coupler to the throttle body as well.

...Well I don't know why people knock water meth..it's a really awesome upgrade used properly.....Yes it's a very good idea to tune your car after, (done this upgrade many times, so have friends). Snow performance has also been along for a long time, and in my opinion makes a really good kit. No you don't want a mix over 50/50 for obvious reasons. Washer fluid works fine (blue stuff) and I have not seen any negative affects over the years, from using this stuff then pure "boost juice" you can buy. I can see where there might be a mineral buld up...but it's very minor. As mentioned before it allows you to run higher boost and is a lot safer as everything stays much cooler and yes it's like your car is running on a higher octane...higher then 110. They work really well, perhaps the most impressive gains in hp I've seen are from meth injection. My buddy has a Srt-4 and he gained 70-80 hp on a dyno. For 300-500 bucks I think it can be a great purchase for a turbo car.

Just got a new kit for another car from snow performance (stage one). They have the upgraded pump now which I believe is around 220psi, and really is just a better pump all around, plus the hook ups for the hoses are the easiest thing ever. The kit if anyone is wondering comes with different nozzels depending on your performance application (psi your running, easily explained in manual if you don't know) Everything you need is there, the reservoir , wiring , blah blah. It's an easy installalation to, just time consuming. Will definitely take a few hours. You should be impressed with the power gains though.

Back