Boost Leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
So about a week or so ago i noticed my boost gauge wasnt hittin 18psi like its supposed to, it would reach about 15ish. I paid no attention to it at the time, but when the needle struggles to hit 10psi i knew i had to do something. I checked all my vacuum lines, my piping etc and cant find anything. My only guess is my wastegate diaphragm took another dump on me.. Or the set screws inside came out.. Im really hoping its not the issue, because a new diaphragm runs me about 90$.... Anyone have any ideas or maybe a place that may just be so obvious i didnt check it?

have you checked around where the intake manifold meets the head?

maybe grab some water and put some soap in it and spray it around there.. then fire the car up and see if you have any bubbles forming..

what wastegate are you using?

Well i did notice some bubbling around a corner of the Exhaust manifold, but i had a missing nut, which is replaced.

Im using a 38mm Turbosmart Ultragate. Ive had to replace the diaphragm once before because it got pinched and split, i really hope its not again, but i need to get the right fittin alan key to open it.

Back