boost on a budget

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

ok,im not sure if this has been coverd before or not but i dodnt have time to go through all the old pages.ok i dont have much money and the pick and pull is like my second home. anyways i heard they just got a turbo eclipse that was rear ended.so the engine is fine.i have a 91 hb si with a jdm b16a motor.can i take the turbo and the intercooler from the eclipse? i really dont know much about forced induction but i figured its time to learn. would the turbo/intercooler/injectors all work from a turbo eclipse? then what else what i need down pipe/chargepipe manifold and bov ? and is there any cars that are compatibal that i could pull these parts off of?

This would be the best place to start learning about turbocharging on a budget... HomeMadeTurbo

Yes you could use most of the parts from an eclipse, talon, starion or any turbo car really, but the 14b/t25 turbos would be pretty small for your b16. They would spool extremely fast and die out at higher rpms. Those turbos are better suited for a d-series motors. You can use the DSM 450cc injectors (I am right now) and the DSM side mount will work if you can get good air flow to it. You would be better off looking for a T3 .60/.63 turbo, I know they come on a few different cars, but not exactly sure what ones.

thanks. i remeber going to the site once and i couldnt rember what it was.thanks thats all the help i need.

Not to intrude on your post or anything, but I was wondering how much they want for it? Maybe we could work something out. Thanks.

Ryan

Back