boost on a d series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MBCRXMAN35

CRX Fan
I tryin decide if boost on my d16 would work.. i really dont want to swap because that is what every one else is doing... i'd like be fast and yet when some one asks i wanna be able to smile and say "its only a d series".... what should i do to amp up my baby

Get a turbo kit, buy rc 450's and some kind of engine management. Have it tuned on a respectable boost level and make better than stock power. I've seen stock D's with small t3's make 200whp on 10psi. A good tune is definately needed.

oh and tell us some more info,like hmmm maybe...
1.power goal
2.budget
3.time limit

Building a single cam on boost is cheap now-a-days just make sure you run something like Hondata S300 or Uberdata/Crome management program don't use FMU like most people try doing and then complain how they blew there little single cam.
Remember Boost is all about fine tunning thats where most of the $$$$$$$$$ comes into play.

not to mention with a good head gasket and some ARP head studs the single cams if in good shape can boost for days. I'm building a Z6 daily driver with a small T25 for fun but have seen the D's running crazy reliable boost also.

Back