boost or bump compresion

boost or n/a B20 in a crx

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a b20 in a crx with n2o now. Im towrn between runing a 50 shot and like 8psi or puting rods and pistons in going to about 11.0:1 CR with a say a 150 shot.

please help me decide

im runing 12.5s now with a 100shot tell my what you all think

N/A, slap a V-TEC head on that bad boy. But ive heard if you want to bump the compression in the b20, you should resleeve it.

But if you plan on boosting it, im sure sooner or later you are going to get tired of how it is, and want to turn up the boost your going to have to resleeve it eventually...

well boost is the answer im hoping to get to 11's.

just purchased ys1 with a quaife
SFP race manifold
tial 42mm W/G

soon to come
precesion gt32E
Intercooler
FMU
and a day of plumbwork

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 10 2005, 09:06 PM
Drag -> boost
Road Course -> N/A
[post=485546]Quoted post[/post]​

Or you could do a mixture of both. That would be my choice. Here is my ideal setup.

B16 - Sleeved and Bored slightly
Forged CP pistons w/swain coating 10.5:1 CR
Cunningham I beam rods
-I am not familiar with the different series of turbos, but I'd run about 7-10 psi of boost, with optimization right around there. A t3 would probably be enough.
RM head goodies
TurboEdit Fuel management with larger injectors, probably 450's or 550's, anything more would probably be overkill.
An walbro intank would probably be necessary.

A lot of preliminary concepts would have to be looked into more in depth, but a good balance of both high compression and turbocharging would net you the most efficient performing engine. Of course, this requires a higher level of tuning to be reliable than either just NA or Turbo apps. Just make sure you have fun whatever you do.

realy no fmu as a get it done thing for now i have a set of accel 280s now so it has new injectors and a walbro

what is so bad about a fmu the work for S/C aplications why not turbo and low boost

do they work... yes...

are they the best choice? no definately not...

you will be no where near your HP potential without proper tuning... and proper tuning would be larger injectors and fuel maps to give it enough fuel during boost conditions...

FMU = running rich

accel 280's?
http://www.allmotorhonda.com/techpages/injector.htm

your setup has "oh shitttt" written all over it.

id highly suggest you do some more reading about boost before you start buying stuff.

read up on Uberdata if your OBD1 or Turbo edit if your OBD0

B's point is that you have a pretty good setup planned, and then you are crapping all over it with your FMU. Uberdata is only like 200 and thats if you are really lazy and what it done for ya.

Back