1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boost or not?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by invicta8926, Apr 21, 2009.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I am a noob, that's the first thing I want eveyone to know so overlook my ignorance. I have a 1990 Honda accord and have heard that I can add a turbo kit to the motor and run low boost without replacing major engine parts, is this true? I am not building any sort of race car, I would just like have a turbo with maybe 5 or 6 psi of boost for my own personal satisfaction! Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, you guys seem to really know your stuff! Thanks!:peace:

2. austin20110

austin20110 New Member

yea if you wanted to its your car

3. Hondadude141

Hondadude141 ¿pɐǝɥ ɹn ɥʇıʍ uıop nɥɔʇɐʍ

You can do that but seeing as you engine is 19 years old i would atleast replace all of the seals ( ie. Valve cover gasket, rear main seal, timing seal, head gasket, etc.) and I wouldn't recommend running anything over 5 pounds of boost.

4. TurboRex90

TurboRex90 Golden EG

Check out this thread:Here . It's a great post you could use if you don't want to spend $1000's of dollars on a turbo kit, plus it'll give you a little more know how. Good luck!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted