Boost Owns

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@May 23 2003, 02:27 AM
a friend of mine has a turbo gsr in a hatch that is built solely for auto-x, it does VERY well. with a quaife and some R compounds combined with hondata's new boost technology, it fucking owns. just to give you an idea of the power this hatch is putting down, it ran a 12.2 with an open diff and nothing changed from the auto-x setup ;)

power is power, if you can't learn how to harness your power, you need a fucking bus pass.

<some lame movie i saw years ago or something>

man... whatever happened to a nigga with a bus pass?

</some lame movie i saw years ago or something>

that's uh... what's his name? the guy that was freddy tiffany on double take. that's who said that :p

I would have to agree completely with Calesta and E_Solsi. If you take 2 cars, with 2 competent drivers and put them into say to cars with identical weight distributions and suspension set ups, one turbo and one N/A both set to identical peak horse power, the NA will most likely win every time. I own a turbo D-series, and its exceptional for autocross do to the torue tendencies of the engine, it maintains acceptable power through turns and keeping the boost lower than if i was drag racing allows me to get on the throttle a little early compared to if i ran higher boost levels. All i really need to bury most cars is 6psi. Still I experience mild turbolag with my T3super 60 when im moving at higher speeds after ive let off the throttle. Now, i get 6psi full boost at 2500rpm from a dead start, but even i know that when im moving at high rpm i have to heal toe to keep my car spooled well enough to get smooth power. I like to use a line on all tracks, try and walk the track early in the day and get an idea, it makes a world of difference keeping your lap averages consistent.

bottom line.. like any other car, you have to know how to drive it. You can't stick a guy in a turbo autox car and say here, win. He has to learn his car and get the feel of it. How many of the trubo ameatures out there autox their car enough to know that? Not many, if any. Get 2 skilled drivers who both know their machines, then race.. until then, you dont know the answer, i dont know it.. so why debat the unknown?

my .02

smaller turbo = boost on demand

guys, we're beating a dead horse here. both sides are making good arguements but we won't know the true answer until a few people step up and prove it.

Originally posted by rsaeini@May 23 2003, 10:47 AM
guys, we're beating a dead horse here. both sides are making good arguements but we won't know the true answer until a few people step up and prove it.

:withstupid:

And the simple fact is that it's never going to happen. You're not going to find two people with exact equal amounts of skill racing on an open track with two cars that are prepared identically with the same peak power output, but with different aspiration setups... it's just not going to happen.

While Brian will probably call me out and say "Mike step up let's see what your car will do", I'll decline and let him spend all his money on his del Sol while living at home... and I'll have my fun, get married, build my retirement etc.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta+May 23 2003, 12:53 PM-->
@May 23 2003, 10:47 AM

:withstupid:

And the simple fact is that it's never going to happen. You're not going to find two people with exact equal amounts of skill racing on an open track with two cars that are prepared identically with the same peak power output, but with different aspiration setups... it's just not going to happen.

While Brian will probably call me out and say "Mike step up let's see what your car will do", I'll decline and let him spend all his money on his del Sol while living at home... and I'll have my fun, get married, build my retirement etc.

Back