boost time has begun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

ok so im in the stages now of boosting my del sol with a b16 a2 I swapped in over last winter, this winter its boost time baby, ive been researching any spare time ive had on what will work best, ive chosen to build my own kit seeing as how im quite competent being a licenced mechanic up here in the cold winter parts of toronto, SO im not going to go here and throw out my parts list and say what hp should i expect, ive just got a few question and want to see if my calculations are correct and im on the right path. so far ive started my turbo parts stack in my room and it consits of a turbo XS BOV , ARP studs and a lightened 9lb flywheel.

NOW im trying to pick my turbo and manifold set up, the external or internal wastegate option will depend on opinions i will recieve from some ppl who are more knowledgeable on this topic than myself.

ok so Pissedoffsol, from reading your links on reading compressor maps on turbobygarrett.com i did the math and after ressurecting all highschool math classes ( i really should have watched more of the blackboard than the blondes legs next to me) anyways im shooting for 300whp on a b16 a2 stock internals, ive seen it done on8.5 lbs of boost, with a t3/t4 hybrid so i know its possible but from what ive calculated ill need a compressor that will need to flow 33lb/min and my pressure ratio worked out to 2.8. what should i be lookin for? i understand most of this but what about this A/R ratio, what turbo should i be hunting for?? from what i understand a GT2860Rs which has a .60A/R would put me where i want on the map according to their advice? am i thinking straight or no??

i should also mention my tuner uses crome. while were on the topic of turbo choice, what manifold would you suggest, ive noticed these SS auto chrom mani's and for the price its seems like it should be considered, when i hear ppl rippin on SS A. C are they just insulting their cheap turbos, cause i dont plan on runnin a crap turbo. but if the manifolds dont crack then i would consider this choice for now and spend the saved cash on a good quality turbo. if ive missed some piece of important info feel free to bark at me and call me such names as NOOB etc.

thanx alot,

Paul

i have heard ss auto manis crack

im looking at inline pro or blox which seems to be a copy of the inline pro

Quoted post[/post]]
for a manifold DO NOT GET SSAC.
get one of these: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61668

as far as turbos are conserned I would consider an SC61...

i would recommend a mani that i make, its cheaper than a cast piece of shit and its way better.

as far as a turbo, if you are staying stock internal id roll at t3/t4 57 trim. b16a s dont spool big turbos and a big turbo means lag city and a shitty street car.

if your going fully built like me. id roll a holset hx35 or like me im rolling a borg warner gm-8

as far as blingin turbos, a t3 60-1 or a t3/gt40 would be killer

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i would recommend a mani that i make, its cheaper than a cast piece of shit and its way better.

as far as a turbo, if you are staying stock internal id roll at t3/t4 57 trim. b16a s dont spool big turbos and a big turbo means lag city and a shitty street car.

if your going fully built like me. id roll a holset hx35 or like me im rolling a borg warner gm-8

ok i hear ya, so what your saying though is my calculations are off if i calculated that a gt28 would put me where i should be on a compressor map??

a noob question here, but if its a 57 trim, does the trim go hand in hand with the a/r ratio?

oh and also, this may sound dumb but ive never seen the external wastegate in that position on the mini ram, for sure it will fit under the hood, i got no ac or anything, just the small rad on the pass. side.

im gonna get one of those mini rams off ya hotrex, but let me find my turbo first so i know if its external wastegate or not, also would you have any issues shipping that to Toronto Canada?? i gotta select my turbo and manifold this month, so dont worry im saving the link and ill hit ya up in a couple weeks, again, if there isnt a problem shippin to Toronto.

any more suggestions guys wanna chip in, do it cause ill reseach every mention of turbo and pick what looks to be suited the best.

much appreciated as always guys, reading on this site got my swap done with no issues hoping to have similar luck on the boosting!

Paul :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Uhm, how do you know yours is better? Do you have any graphs or anything to prove this? I mean, I believe you in that your manifold is actually better than a log style, but I would be really interested in some documentation on this. CSaddict does the same thing you are, almost identical to yours and he isnt going around saying the same thing...

sorry for thread jacking.

Back