boosted d16y8?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdmfosho

i have a d16y8 in my 99 civic right now and i was thinking if i should swap it for a b16 or something or if i should boost what i got now and build that some because i know it would be cheaper but wasnt sure what to do. any suggestions?

and something else i noticed that my gears are pretty short compaired to my friend integra ls and was wondering if there was anyway of making my gears longer? mybe a different transmision?

welll i would be a daily driver.. so for now im probably going for a mild build lookin around 300-350 hp
budget i would say is mybe say 3 grand? not sure exactly im not looking to buy everything right this second im saving monney for what i want to do.

D-series sleeves are able to handle up to 250hp with a good tune. Anything after that and you will have to sleeve the block. It will be good up to 400hp after that. You could piece together a kit for less than that and boost it, getting around 230hp or so to make things safe or you could try and find a complete B-series swap. Mind you it is going to cost you quite a bit to get it put in.

You could also find a B18b and boost that. I have found entire swaps for less than $700.

Re-sleeving the block seems to run somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-$1200 by the way. If you swapped out to a B18b and boosted that you could achieve your goal a lot easier and without having to sleeve the block. Just a thought.

Back