boosted d16z6 ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo sol

I need some ligaments!!!
so i'm boosting my d16z6 and want to know how much boost i can occasionally run(only for short time, like at the strip) w/out bustin s**t? also what is the max psi i would want to run on the street(not daily driven but close)and what are some things i can do to make this stuff stronger? i've done this to the head:

cometic mls head gasket for turbo'd eng
arp head studs
head tq'd down 20% tighter to block over stock
stock valve train
milled head to smooth it out(raised compression a bit)
any info wil help. thanx

#1 i wouldnt have over torqued the head, but you really cant go back now.

new rods and new pistons will strengthen the bottom end, the only problem is thats about 800 bucks in parts and you can get another z6 for that price.

Keep it the way you got it and i wouldnt go much over 300hp. It just seems Ds break at that point. Some people make it work, but thats my personal limit on a stock block d. (check your other thread)

it is very easy to strip out the head. so you got lucky. its best to torque to spec. those specs are there for a reason.

just thought the extra squeeze would help. figured they would loosen slightly over time and didn't want to dive back in to retorq em. nothin cracked out so we are lucky in that sense. would you suggest backin them out a bit?

if they are there, dont worry about it. if and when you take off the head again, just torque to spec.

hey would you check out the thread turbo timer ?'s. maybe you could help me out there. you gave good info on this stuff so i'm sure you'd give good info on that other thread too. i'll up your rep for helpin me out too. thanks a bunch.

Back