Boosted f22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Hey,

Should I boost my f22a1?, I want to get an h22, but I would rather boost the f22a right now and when the engine goes boom I will buy the h22. I was just wondering if it is ok to boost the f22a?

Peace
Jeff

Its ok to boost any motor. If you want it to last however, your going to have to beef up the internals. The compression is optimum for boost being right around 8.5 - 9.0:1.

Originally posted by MXDesa@Nov 30 2003, 11:43 AM
Its ok to boost any motor. If you want it to last however, your going to have to beef up the internals. The compression is optimum for boost being right around 8.5 - 9.0:1.

how strong are the f22 internals?

the f22 does have a low enough compression to be boosted on stock internals without worrying about anything but as with any turbo setup its all a matter of how much boost you want to run. I dont see why it would matter how strong the intetrnals are if you wanty to buy an h22 anyway. By the time you do anything to the f22 internals you might as well go buy the h22. That is what i would say is spend the money in the right place the first time then build the h22 and have the best platform to build from

Well if you know everything than why did you ask! Yeah im sure my motor blew because my flux capacitor failed! I ran 7psi and 9 on occation! Anything less than that and well what ever... you already know it!!

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Dec 3 2003, 12:09 AM
Well if you know everything than why did you ask! Yeah im sure my motor blew because my flux capacitor failed! I ran 7psi and 9 on occation! Anything less than that and well what ever... you already know it!!

Calm down...

haccord141: Do you eventually want to do an H22 swap if so then wait until the H22 comes to run boost, if not boost the F.

accordturbo: i did not ask anything...therefor i have no idea what your tallking about and im not sure you do either

Originally posted by driver1@Dec 3 2003, 07:22 PM
accordturbo: i did not ask anything...therefor i have no idea what your tallking about and im not sure you do either

I was making a statement not answering a question! Is everyone on here a bunch of cocks or what?

1 psi of boost equals approximatley how much hp gain and tq gain?
And would it be ok too run 5-6 psi, until i can buy the h22?

if a D series can run 6-8 PSI on stock internals then I imagine a bigger F series can do it as well. Do it and find out I guess.

Originally posted by haccord141@Dec 7 2003, 12:12 PM
1 psi of boost equals approximatley how much hp gain and tq gain?

there is no definite answer to that. there are so many factors that are involved.

If you're willing to spend all the money it will take to get an H22 into your car with a turbo on it, then by all means just wait to get the H22 and drop it in. A swap plus turbo is quite a bit of cash though, no matter how you go about it. Probably more than you think. How much do you have to spend?

If you're even thinking about being on a budget, I would just boost the F22 at a mild boost level, like 7-8psi on an appropriately sized turbo- then just save the rest of your cash for something else. You'll still have quite a bit more power than a straight H22 swap, and you won't be tearing apart your engine bay as much. Just make sure your F22 is in good enough shape to handle boost before you bolt any up.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 8 2003, 03:10 AM
If you're willing to spend all the money it will take to get an H22 into your car with a turbo on it, then by all means just wait to get the H22 and drop it in. A swap plus turbo is quite a bit of cash though, no matter how you go about it. Probably more than you think. How much do you have to spend?

If you're even thinking about being on a budget, I would just boost the F22 at a mild boost level, like 7-8psi on an appropriately sized turbo- then just save the rest of your cash for something else. You'll still have quite a bit more power than a straight H22 swap, and you won't be tearing apart your engine bay as much. Just make sure your F22 is in good enough shape to handle boost before you bolt any up.

Yeah thats great advice! I wouldnt try anymore than that... I know exactly what 9-10 psi does on them!

it is a 1991 f series, the accord was purchased by my dad in 1990 and the car has seen regular maintenance for 12 years, the problem is the tranny, auto trannys suck and on top of that it is an f seires tranny, is there a way to puy an h22 tranny on the f series?

hey the f22a is PERFECT for boosting (8.8 compression). F22's have iron sleeves so 7-8 psi wouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you top end is in good condition. I suggest you check out this site and their turbo kits (TSI turbo kits) b/c it would be perfect for what you looking for.
I'm actually going to be purchasing their kit very soon for my f22a.

https://www.prostreetonline.com/pso/pages/p...ub=Turbo%20Kits

there is a guy on www.cb7tuner that has one

Back