boosted h22 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

louis53123

whats going on to everyone, im new to this forum and I hope I can get the information I need, I have a h22a in my EG coupe and im loving the torque and power, however I really miss having turbo so im thinking about turboing my h22. The questions I have are....

I would like to say that my car currently has a built head, stage 3 head.....i know what mods I need for turbo so im not asking for that...im asking for advice for the safety of the block, this car will be driven 2-3 times a week just to mess around with......so with that said heres my questions...

1) I understand the h22 has high compression, if the car is not a daily driver would I be able to run 7-10 psi with a good ecu like AEM and have a doule thick head gasket with ARP head studs...and get away with it....orrr

2nd) Should I just invest into the block and get pistons and rods and ARP head studs and boost the car from, 10-14psi safetly and still have more power if I need....with a good ecu..

What do you people feel about boosting h22's i want my eg to fly....

i like option 2. Sleeves, pistons, rods and a good tune would be a lot smarter (and potentially more powerful) than the second option. dont skimp on the tune and everything will go pretty well.

you dont have to dish out the money for AEM when Hondata or Crome will do the job for half the cost.

Last edited:
crome is cheaper with same options as hondata. AEM EMS is more expensive with less options as crome & hondata. so you choose. Does anyone have base maps for H22?

whats going on to everyone, im new to this forum and I hope I can get the information I need, I have a h22a in my EG coupe and im loving the torque and power, however I really miss having turbo so im thinking about turboing my h22. The questions I have are....

I would like to say that my car currently has a built head, stage 3 head.....i know what mods I need for turbo so im not asking for that...im asking for advice for the safety of the block, this car will be driven 2-3 times a week just to mess around with......so with that said heres my questions...

1) I understand the h22 has high compression, if the car is not a daily driver would I be able to run 7-10 psi with a good ecu like AEM and have a doule thick head gasket with ARP head studs...and get away with it....orrr

2nd) Should I just invest into the block and get pistons and rods and ARP head studs and boost the car from, 10-14psi safetly and still have more power if I need....with a good ecu..

What do you people feel about boosting h22's i want my eg to fly....

option 1 is deffaintely more practical but may not be efficient. option 2 is going to cost you some bills for sure but if you've got the money to do so then i would just do it. H22 although not very efficient with forced induction in stock internals, do produce very good HP gains when turbo'd or supercharged. ive seen some dyno videos of stock h22's making 240-250 WHP on stock internals at 6 pounds of boost

Back