Boosted H22 vs. Boosted GSR

What would be better in my 92 Civ HB Boosted GSR or Boosted H22?????

• Boosted H22

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
your right that you can use them, I don't know what I was thinking ( maybe k series) but don't you have to sleeve if you want to boost more then 10 psi because of what the sleeves are made of. and you can't run forged pistons on the stocks sleeves as well. I have never done a h22 swap but I have heard brian quote the price of 5g to put it into a civic. gsr still gets the vote

h22's main constraint is space in bay. mounts are as stated above, about 350ish from hcp. get a 92-96 h22 thats closed deck. the issue with driving is going to be traction. because of the low end tq, you will be more likely to spin.

LS turbo is even cheaper.

but hey, i've got an h-series :-D

your right that you can use them, I don't know what I was thinking ( maybe k series) but don't you have to sleeve if you want to boost more then 10 psi because of what the sleeves are made of. and you can't run forged pistons on the stocks sleeves as well. I have never done a h22 swap but I have heard brian quote the price of 5g to put it into a civic. gsr still gets the vote

you try pushing any honda block over 10 psi and you're asking for a grenade...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 22 2005, 07:34 PM

you try pushing any honda block over 10 psi and you're asking for a grenade...
[post=477272]Quoted post[/post]​

you CAN boost an LS to 22psi. lol. CAN. besides, 10psi on an LS should be fine, crap, 15 should be fine. tuning my friend.

gsr hands down.

cheaper
more reliable (h-motors are VERY unbalanced)
weighs less
more parts are available cheaper
better manifold options
no gay p13 ecus to deal with
no gay shifter conversions
better tranny

and i can go on.

you can run 8's on a b-block. its done at almost every NHRA race. there's no point in running an h22. it will only cost you more in the long run, and won't get you there any faster if you do it right.

can you use uberdata or Chrome on the h22 ecu? if you can't, engine tuning programs are going to be pretty expensive and with the money you save, you could sleeve your block. nice point about the 8 second b series blocks :lol:

the point could also be made that you can run 10's on a NA d-series. so rarities should not be takin into consideration

i know of 1 10 sec all motor d-series.

i can name about 30 off the top of my head who have gone 8's on boosted gsr

i can also name 23213123 people who broke 500 whp on gsr's and run low 11s.
i can't think of a single h22 owner off the top of my head.

theres a REASON why the gsr is used-- its proven, it works, and it can be done over and over again.

PAC Motorsports had an H22-powered Civic (CRX?) that ran 9's.

Wasn't Lisa Kubo's Civic powered by an H22?

who cares about anomalies. go d series if you want a 12 second car, any faster, gsr. and your right pissedoffsol go with whats proven, its not economical or smart to pave the way on cars.

Erick Aguilar had an all motor H22 civic that broke into the 9's...

great!!!!!! that totaly pertains to his question of which one is better. I know I am not the most valuable source of information, and known to spread fallacies ( h22=no ac/ps ) but to build a fast civic, the gsr would be cheaper and with less hassles.

oh, and you gotta love the STOCK HONDA IGNITION.

fuck all your msd boxes. lol

h22 is deffiantely the cheaper way to go and also the most HP....but...i just realized....we all rambling on here which is a better motor or not but what kinda car does this kid have?? thats gonna make a big difference in $$ and horsepower

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Mar 24 2005, 11:06 AM
h22 is deffiantely the cheaper way to go and also the most HP
[post=477977]Quoted post[/post]​

no, its not.

the initial cost point is SLIGHTLY less...

but once you get mounts, etc etc its about the same cost for the swap.

then, from that point on, every h22 part costs more than its comparable b-series part. its just how it is.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 24 2005, 09:21 AM
then, from that point on, every h22 part costs more than its comparable b-series part. its just how it is.
[post=477980]Quoted post[/post]​

That really isn't true at all. :) SOME parts cost more, but most are comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back