Boosted H22 vs. Boosted GSR

What would be better in my 92 Civ HB Boosted GSR or Boosted H22?????

• Boosted H22

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL turbo parts do though- like manifolds, kits, etc etc...

and after all is said and done, either can hit 500 whp, and the gsr is lighter, and thus you run faster :)

lmao, god damn it B...
i've been searching online for like an hour looking for that article on aguilar's h22 all motor race car...

tonight i'm digging through my honda tuning magazines...
i WILL find that article
lol

but B definately makes some very good points here...
full race kit is only like 50 bucks more for H22...
well, according to boostfed.com anyway...

i also find it very interesting that FULL RACE kits are just the turbo stuff, no managment at all... just huge horsepower making turbo pieces...

full race gets a HUGE thumbs up from me...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 24 2005, 11:43 AM
ALL turbo parts do though- like manifolds, kits, etc etc...

and after all is said and done, either can hit 500 whp, and the gsr is lighter, and thus you run faster :)
[post=478000]Quoted post[/post]​

but where does a 500whp civic put you? 11's? maybe 10's? without doing a ton of other work.

GSR is proven. no doubt. but when i was looking around "retail" pricing, not "i got a deal on this" it was easier for me to build a mid 12 second h22 then a mid 12 second GSR.

but i guess if you are boosting the crap outta somthing, go with a GSR. personally, i'll stick with my h-series. but thats me.

Building an H-Series to take real boost is very money intensive. Even experienced shops spend lots of time on the balancer trying to work out the kinks in the H-Series assembly. The inability to use forged internals on the stock FRM sleeves means you must spend an extra $900-$1200 that the GSR owner could have possibly bypassed.

H-Series ringlands suck. Trust a guy who has lost then twice in his H23 without boost. I might have finished the project if it hadn't drained me so much financialy and emotionally. I learned great things about fuel tuning in the process, but never got the benifit of actually spinning an impeller. Live and learn.

As an H-Series owner totally burned out on his project, I vote GSR. I've easily spent $4200+ in prep work and I cant hold the car together long enough to do anything. As soon as this Prelude is out the door, a Del Sol VTEC is in my future.

do yall realize that sleeper7 (the guy that started this thread) hasn't said a damn thing since his initial post?

sorry, just thought that was funny.

I like the H22 better, but I will side with B because of his good points here.

The B18 is lighter and will mount up easier in a civic. More room=better options for manifold shapes and intercooling. Also, suspension problems will be lessened.

I will not say that a B18 is a better motor, or that much cheaper. Hell, you spent how much on parts B?

All motor, or light boost, the H22 is cheaper to buy and faster in a straight line. Once building a drag car, I'd guess that prices are comparable, and with a P28 or P72, tuning options are identical. The B18 would just be easier to mount, with less hassle.

Lets not forget that the H22 has one of the worst Honda transmissions known to man....so more $$ there.

GSR for me.

But still...I havent heard anyone mention the B16. Lisa Kubo is a perfect example for the SiR motor. It can do the same things as a GSR, but once again, is lighter, therefore you go faster. Coupled to a JDM ITR or CTR transmission....that would be my vote. But since that's not one of his choices.....GSR.

Originally posted by [Freemantle]@Mar 28 2005, 08:36 PM
Building an H-Series to take real boost is very money intensive. Even experienced shops spend lots of time on the balancer trying to work out the kinks in the H-Series assembly. The inability to use forged internals on the stock FRM sleeves means you must spend an extra $900-$1200 that the GSR owner could have possibly bypassed.

H-Series ringlands suck. Trust a guy who has lost then twice in his H23 without boost. I might have finished the project if it hadn't drained me so much financialy and emotionally. I learned great things about fuel tuning in the process, but never got the benifit of actually spinning an impeller. Live and learn.

As an H-Series owner totally burned out on his project, I vote GSR. I've easily spent $4200+ in prep work and I cant hold the car together long enough to do anything. As soon as this Prelude is out the door, a Del Sol VTEC is in my future.
[post=480065]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly... The ringlands on the h22 aren't that great and you have to sleeve the block to use forged internals, that will cost a lot. If your keeping the motor stock the GSR would be more reliable and put down plenty of power, plus you can use forged rods/pistons without sleeving. Once you start talking about sleeving the block it really doesnt matter what you go with. The b18c1/5 is the best motor honda ever made in my opinion... it will work perfect in almost any application.

Although after riding in and driving my friends 475whp h22 hatch... I kinda wanted an h22 for a while lol.

like i had mentioned earlier before...does anyone kno what car this kid is going to be putting these motors into??

It says 92 Civic HB so I guess it would be 92 Civic HB :lol:
Everyone is going to hate me for saying this but BOOSTED H22 thats my vote yo.
It will just take more money but I think it will be worth it in the long run

evidently every single one of you has yet to see mahle pistons new gold series line of pistons....they have a special coating on the skirts which allow you to runa forged piston in an h22 WITHOUT resleeving. they are available in standard, high, and low compression. these willbe what im gonna go with (low compression) along with some forged rods for my turbo setup. anyone else heard anything good or bad about these pistons or the manufacturer in general?

Originally posted by driver1@Apr 22 2005, 04:32 PM
evidently every single one of you has yet to see mahle pistons new gold series line of pistons....they have a special coating on the skirts which allow you to runa forged piston in an h22 WITHOUT resleeving. they are available in standard, high, and low compression. these willbe what im gonna go with (low compression) along with some forged rods for my turbo setup. anyone else heard anything good or bad about these pistons or the manufacturer in general?
[post=490240]Quoted post[/post]​

know anywhere to buy em? cause i'll run the 11.5:1 CR pistons.

Originally posted by nismogod+Apr 22 2005, 07:17 PM-->
@Apr 22 2005, 04:32 PM
[post=490240]Quoted post[/post]​

know anywhere to buy em? cause i'll run the 11.5:1 CR pistons.
[post=490310]Quoted post[/post]​

ebay

hmm.. i'm an h22 fan.. but in a hatch i'd have to go with a gsr... h22z don't get traction as it is in a hatch... and also B series partz are a lot easier to find than H series and they're cheaper...

Originally posted by iwubmybb4@Apr 23 2005, 05:50 PM
hmm.. i'm an h22 fan.. but in a hatch i'd have to go with a gsr... h22z don't get traction as it is in a hatch... and also B series partz are a lot easier to find than H series and they're cheaper...
[post=490623]Quoted post[/post]​

that is entirely untrue

Originally posted by driver1+Apr 24 2005, 03:07 PM-->
iwubmybb4
@Apr 23 2005, 05:50 PM
[post=490623]Quoted post[/post]​

that is entirely untrue
[post=490862]Quoted post[/post]​

and stupid, h22's are also heavier which would produce beter traction.

SRD boosted a completely stock internal h22 with 15psi, for over one year, with no problems, fully streetable 10 second car :lol:
They ran 10.7 with this setup in an EG hatch.
http://superiorracing.com
The original goal was to build a 10 second Civic hatchback (EG6) that was still comfortably streetable. Not only did we run a 10.72ET @ 127MPH, we did it with a 1993 JDM H22A with a bone stock longblock and ECU, on 15 pounds of boost with only an Apex-i V-AFC for tuning. The sheer number of dumbfounded, pissed off domestic muscle car owners who fell victim to the Civic was an absolutely beautiful and gratifying site!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

They built the motor and boosted to 30ish psi, and ran 11.xx. (traction!)
:worthy: h22+turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back