boosted h22a with h23 stock tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DESPAIN

yep....mmhhm.......yep...
i have a 92 prelude with a stock h23 tranny i have a 6 puck sprung clutch and stage 2 pressure plate. i think my throw out bearing is going out and i know at least third gear sync. is not in the best condition. my question is what would be the best tranny to get? i know h22a lsd tranny would be a great option but after a little reading the gears are really short or at least shorter than the h23. since i am boosted and making about 500whp i dont think the shorter gears will be the best option. ofcourse the lsd would be better because i would have better traction. i have had my car for a while now and i know how to drive with that kind of horse power. what do ya'll think?

oh yeah long time no see HS!!!!!

thanks,
J. DeSpain

lol, why are you bumping a thread a few hours after you post it? :facepalm:

h22a LSD, shorter gears = faster acceleration
if its not faster accelerating you need to work on traction

yes i agree, lsd is a major plus. get some traction bars, some drag radials, and set up boost by gear on it.

come guys i know all of this info........... i cant find a good lsd tranny anywhere around here. kinda sucks cause about a year ago i could get them all day long for 450 bucks........... only other ones i have found are 900 bucks. now that would be a problem if i new everything about it. but i dont. any how throw out bearing is pretty much gone. and i am takeing it today to have a clutch kit put in. and maybe a cromolly fly wheel.

so basically, it sounds like your options are...

-try to find a nice h22 lsd trans and its going to be expensive

-have your current transmission rebuilt/fixed to like new condition, which is also going to be expensive.

if an LSD trans at 900$ is out of your budget, then an H2B surely is (dont think they make axles, linkage, or mounts for that anyway)
a decent LSD alone is easily $500+
your tranny rebuild wont be free
so either way youre looking at ballpark 600-700$ even if you get lucky
might as well buy an LSD h22a trans, or deal with your traction problems

ok so this is what i have done. i am just putting a new fly wheel and a clutch kit in. total 800 bucks including labor. now if i purchased an lsd h22a tranny, all the ones i looked at where 1000-1400 bucks. if it was just 800-900 bucks no problem. i dont have 2000-2300 just laying around. but anyhow thanks guys....

Back