Boosted h23a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iamcgr

I'm trying to do the research on my project before I actually begin dumping money into it.

I was thinking of swaping a h22a in my 4th gen prelude but decided to instead boost my h23a.

It currently has 128k miles on it and was thinking I'll need to rebuild it with better internalts to handle the boost.

I'm not looking to make super insaine power so I can go around bragging, I'd just like to have a fast car when I need it. Plan to keep it a daily driver.

I'm looking for tips/info on what I should have done to the engine prior to boosting it.

Thanks

Build a kit yourself, use a decent size turbo and keep the boost around 8psi. You'll make plenty of power safely without costing a ton of money.

Can you tune a car? if not, thats where the money will really start to add up.

yeah, a nice hybrid or a 60-1 works best with the h23. just get it sleeved with new pistons and rods and you should be good to go for some decent boost.

Tuning is the key here. Find out what places tune imports near you and what they are comfortable with. Ultimately, that will sway your decision the most.

Back