boosted ls..advice needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b164gen

I just got finished building my girlfriends car its a 93 civic vx hatch with all 99 integra suspension front crossmember 4 wheel disc and the 99 LS motor in it... i ran a 15.5 quarter mile which considering all the extra weigth i put on with the suspension im happy but i wanna boost it, it has 80,000 miles on it with, ac and powersteering ,i wanna keep all that, has anyone had a boosted ls, what set up did u use? how many miles were on your engine? was it reliable transportation? any overheating problems or any other major problems? all im looking for is a reliable mid 14 car and I dont wanna run anymore than 7psi? anyone with experience on this subject holla back...

Originally posted by b164gen@Nov 24 2003, 01:15 AM
I just got finished building my girlfriends car its a 93 civic vx hatch with all 99 integra suspension front crossmember 4 wheel disc and the 99 LS motor in it... i ran a 15.5 quarter mile which considering all the extra weigth i put on with the suspension im happy but i wanna boost it, it has 80,000 miles on it with, ac and powersteering ,i wanna keep all that, has anyone had a boosted ls, what set up did u use? how many miles were on your engine? was it reliable transportation? any overheating problems or any other major problems? all im looking for is a reliable mid 14 car and I dont wanna run anymore than 7psi? anyone with experience on this subject holla back...

If it ain't a HONDA I ain't impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warn that dude, that was a pointless post.

If you build and install a turbo kit the right way, you shoud have no problems, The motor will be sacrificed in the long run because of the extra pressure on the cylinder walls, but it will last long enough for you to be happy with it. If you start having overheating problems it most likely wont be from the engine itself, the turbo could overheat due to lack of lubrication, If the engine starts overheating it was probably a previous problem or just a worn part. Your main disadvantage would be the reduce longevity of the engine, and poorer gas mileage (if your gettin like 30 now you'll get less than 25 after the turbos in).

i know all that, i wont be building the motor right away , i will be boosting the motor as is with 80,000 miles,

Well at 7 psi with a t3, you'll be fine. Reliability will be about the same also. You could probably go up to 8-10 psi if you have a sufficient air/fuel ratio.

You'll need a FPR and get some injectors, a fuel pump isn't necessary but I picked one up so its your call on that one. Get yourself a SAFC also.

if you want reliable mid 14's

forget the boost...

get a b16 head with some higher compression pistons in the block and you'll be golden

i ran 14.3 @ 99 in a del sol which is way heavier than the hatch on a mildly built lsvtec

Back