boosting a b18c1.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

open dp? lol. what is the advantage of that? better airflow? sounds nice btw :)

well see, if i were to go 9:1 i was planning on going like 10-12 lbs instead of 8. and i'm not sure about my tuner, because i've never gotten any tuning thru him, and none of my friends have either. so i'm just praying everything will be good.

i hope everything turns out. my birthday is coming up, and im looking on getting 400+ from my family :) time to buy gauges / timer / controller! haha.

You don't really need an electronic one, I made an MBC from HD for like 3 bucks.

As for the open DP, I just didn't feel like hooking up the rest of the exhuast, and the extra ~10 hp was nice, my neighbors didn't care for the open DP though.

I'd defenitly suggest a 3" exhaust, cause for my LS-T, the 2 1/4" was a just a complete restriction, even when I had the 42 housing on there. There was a VERY noticeable gain when I ran it open DP with the 60 housing.

open dp > 2 1/4" full piping! Turbo response is way better but its loud to drive around everyday! I like how it sounds though! Go 2.5 or 3" dp back, if you decide to do any piping!

Back