boosting a b18cr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How? Horse power is a function of torque. Im not bein a smart ass, I just wanna hear some reasoning.

yall are forgetting that the na 300hp vs turbo 300hp the turbo wins because the turbo will make lots more torque
Ehh it depends, lots of variables here.. Somewhat of a vague statement.
How? Horse power is a function of torque. Im not bein a smart ass, I just wanna hear some reasoning.
True, but as stated before there's too many variables really.

the only way to really figure this out would be to have a race with two cars that have extremly similar hp figures. one boosted, one NA. We can all argue about this for years and get nowhere.

where the turbo motor makes its power and where the NA motor makes its power and very different. Assuming the power figures are exactly the same and the weight of the vehicles are the same the NA car will win race because it puts its power down earlier than the turbo car would. Say the cars race from a rolling start. Both cars at 3000 rpm's. The NA motor makes X amount of horsepower at 3000 rpm's as soon as the throttle is opened up. The turbo motor, depending on size, a/r and trim will take a few hundred rpm's to spool up and make the power. Simplified; NA has power right now, and you gotta wait for the turbo. Hope this makes sense. It does to me.

yall are forgetting that the na 300hp vs turbo 300hp the turbo wins because the turbo will make lots more torque

And there you have it: decent reasons why both of the setups could end up beating out the other. This is why I expressed my disdain for cjvictoria's assertion that the N/A car would completely blow the boosted one out of the water. There's to many factors to consider here to be able to make a definitive call.

As b16GSR stated, we can argue about it all day, but the only way to really find out would be to actually run the two cars...

As b16GSR stated, we can argue about it all day, but the only way to really find out would be to actually run the two cars...[/quote]

I agreee, but just for arguments sake wouldnt the all motor car have power through out the gears and the boosted one will have the same about of power but just a little kick at the end of the gear?

correct me if im wrong i usually am lol

for example 300whp na motor 190 torque, 300 whp turbo motor 270 torque. and it depends when the turbo spools to when you get your power

Back