boosting A B20 nonVtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20kid

Wats good my fellow builders well my question's that i have are im build up a b20 noo vtec head, why Cuzz for the power i want to make i wont even feel the vtec. Ok my first question has anyone build a b20 an what kind of cams an dual valve spring i need mid FOR an hi range power any good advice. 2nd ? gose for the pistons. seeing how the b20 is a non-vtec its close too a Ls soo what else can i doo to my block an heads im looking to run a daily driven.
3rd question would be would it be better to have a vtech head.

Last edited:
try this
P&P
3-5 valve/angel job
Skunk IM/ TB
sleeve the block or atleast forge rods pistons [eagle/je are okay]
some nice crower cams
blueprint and balance block
and a block girdle
crome/p28
and a DIY turbo kit

Wats good my fellow builders well my question's that i have are im build up a b20 noo vtec head, why Cuzz for the power i want to make i wont even feel the vtec. Ok my first question has anyone build a b20 an what kind of cams an dual valve spring i need mid an hi range power any good names, same gose for the pistons. seeing how the b20 is a non-vtec its close too a Ls soo what else can i doo to my block an heads im looking to run a daily driven an as far as power i want too make 400+

If you're tuning an engine properly, you won't feel the VTEC crossover anyway. It should be a perfectly smooth transition.

try this
P&P
3-5 valve/angel job
Skunk IM/ TB
sleeve the block or atleast forge rods pistons [eagle/je are okay]
some nice crower cams
blueprint and balance block
and a block girdle
crome/p28
and a DIY turbo kit

Block girdle with resleeve = no way

No P28 needed or wanted for a non-VTEC setup

ok then formby sounds like a nice setup there but my question to u is wats ur feedback on the b20 itself ive seen forms tell me the wall suck ass but im wanna gooo all out an doo it all rite as in resleeven but if anyone else can tell me wil lit be worth it

Yes, they're made of glass. A fart will break the sleeves. :p

The B20 will handle boost just fine. If you're at a point to where you need to resleeve the B20 for boost, you'll be almost right up to the point where you'll need to resleeve a B18 too. The B20 walls are slightly weaker, but they can still handle quite a bit of punishment.

ok soo soo far wat everyone is telllin me a b20 is not worth booostin cuz im loking to booost atleat 15-23 pounds im not like these little gurls out here runnig 5-7 but thats with internals done soo i guess im better of with my GSr or a b16 ????? could it be any gen or a certin year that the b16 was mabe ???

What's your power target? A B20 can still handle 400whp if tuned properly. The pressure level doesn't mean anything on its own.

my goal is to have a daily driven turbo b20 now iff i have to resleev it ill doo it cuz i have seen in the books of HCi magazine were toey prodoced a b16 head with a b20 block an there number were 500-600 hp now thats too much for me but i wannna know is it worth buildin cuz im going all out on the motor an doo watever it takes

1. Please use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar. Your posts are very difficult to read, which means people are less likely to respond. I barely got through what you last posted, and most forum readers have less patience than me.

2. Yes, it's worth it. You can make 300whp easily on the stock sleeves if you or your tuner know what you're doing. That's plenty of power for the street, trust me. 500-600whp and you're most likely going to be running a turbo that will screw up your power curve enough to need race slicks to maintain traction when the boost hits. That's not daily driveable.

listen i see wat i wrote an ok i wrote it fast cuz im tryin to gather info on the whole b20 block

Back