boosting a D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wagsGTI

I am a VW guy so i dont know much about honda's. he has a 1998 Civic LX i guess with the D16 motor.

he wants easy horsepower so i suggested a turbo......

the thing i dont know is if the stock internals can handle 4-8 PSI.

I dont know how to use this forum and all so if you guys/gals could give me a straight forward answer, that would be great!!!!

any other things that he could do to get some HP. hes got the short shifter and whats to order a CAI and magnaflow catback. anything else.

TIA
:thumbsup:

a small turbo will be fine on it... but keep in mind, that motor is 20 years old. if its not running GOOD now, it's only going to go downhill once you slap a turbo on it.

it might be more wise to upgrade to a newer, lower mileage motor like a ZC or something on the cheap if hes' got limited funds.

in all honesty, it will probably take longer to setup the turbo system than to do the swap

hes got about 2,000 to spend so we were also maybe thinking a b18 swap.......

i really dont know what a b18 is but i use tohear kids at my school talking about one

what engine would be an easy swap while still putting out a good amount of HP and from what car can we pull it from.

thanks so far!!!!!!!!

b18a is nice and easy from a non-gsr 89-91 integra.

but remember too, those motors are nearly just as old now too... so before you got turbo, it might need a refresh or even a complete overhaul.

Back