Boosting B18B vs B20B

Boosting a stock B20B vs stock B18B

• B20B

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • B18B

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark93DX

so stock B20B vs stock B18B for say 230whp, which would you rather have?

Last edited:
Uh B20B.... no replacement for displacement

i would feel better about pushing more out of the b18 tho... the b20 has thin sleeves

Uh B20B.... no replacement for displacement

i would feel better about pushing more out of the b18 tho... the b20 has thin sleeves

We are not talking mad numbers here. ( I love when guys say they want 400whp for a daily driver VTEC + Turbo, ya just go try that in a FWD car around town ;) )

well arnt you talking about a b18 at 230 whp vs a b20 at 230whp? if thats the case, then the b20 takes the win for reasons mentioned earlier

more torque in the b20, so go for that one
230 turboed should be a good goal.

infact i like it because it was about my goal for my b18b1.
a medium sized t3 with around 10psi in boost might get you there. i haven't tuned on a dyno yet so i don't know where i am at.

you may think 230 whp is enough but once you get it your options are going to be limited by the thin cylnder walls. 230 is reasonably easy to get on a ls. also ls block are a dime a dozen so it dont think its worth the extra money for a b20. when you decide to go faster no reason to put forged pistons in a b20 the walls will just not handle the power. b18 no doubt.

Back