Boosting B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiCRX88

Hey I was planning on jumping on the b20vtec banwagon with the jdm b20b I just bought, but since I have a long geared LS a1 tranny I am considering boost... wondering what anyone thinks the ideal size turbo I should use. I was thinking something that spools up fairly slow being as b20s have torque off the line (street tires/street driven)...

& I want to keep the block/head stock, I'm not looking for a monster its just a dd; just looking for 170-200hp on 4-8 psi, want to make it last a few years...

So all in all B20vtec or b20 turbo? Any input/suggestions are welcome thanks...

Last edited:
If you're only looking to get 170-200hp you can easily do that with a T25 or T28, somewhere in that range. If you want something that'll really spool quick, scoop up a GT28RS, or "disco potato". Great turbo for that power range. Run whatever PSI level it takes you to get to 170-200hp, don't set a PSI level prior to the tune.

Just leave the B20 stock, there's no reason to go B20VTEC. Its just more headache IMO.

yeah i agree with matts96hb... you will probably come out cheaper and happier with a small turbo on your stock b20. b20vtec gets expensive quick, because you really need to get into internals to make any power with them. my b20vtec with stock block and bolt ons only made 160whp and there are lots of guys over 200whp with built bottomw ends and big cams... but you could do a turbo set up on your stock b20 for way cheaper, make 200whp or more and be just as reliable.

Alright sounds like the more practical route to go for my goals.. are the b20 injectors sufficient for my setup? Or do i need dsm injectors.. I also have some 2.2 h22 injectors laying around...

it would be a good idea to upgrade to at least like 310cc injectors or bigger

and dont forget to include in your build the most important part... a way to tune it

yeah im pretty sure im gonna go w/ the 310cc's since there gd up to 250hp & all im looking for is about 200... & i'm pretty sure finding someone to tune it for me wont be that hard... can i just chip & tune an ls ecu? or will i need a p07 or something...

Back