boosting civic SI question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

i know every one talks about the eBay turbo kits but i was wondering is there any thing wrong with the piping and intercoolor, wouldnt it be cheaper to get the intercoolor and pipeing with cuplers off ebay then buy a turbonetics turbo and waste gate and blow off valve??
im looking to do a budget turbo build.
i would just buy a ebay turbo kit but i hear too much bad things about them and i would like to run a good reliable brand like turbonetics or garrett. let me know what you guys think i should do im wanting to boost a 00 civic si with b16 gsr engine 75k miles. wanting to run low boost on stock engine for a while like any where from 5 to 8 max psi. thanks guy i know most of you would be like hit the search button i just want your opinion.

i have a complete e-gay turbo set up. and they are a sonofa bitch. if you have they means and know how do do lots of fab work then e-gay will work just fine. but if you are looking for something that is going to "bolt right up" then dont get it. even if they say its for a civic or what ever your app. is. it wont fit like its supposed to. hope that helps

First of all you have a B16 gsr engine, correct me if I'm wrong but GSR is a B18.....
Second of all most budget turbo builds end up in a blown engine.
If you wanna boost any more than like 3-5 psi you will have to build your engine, which increases the cost significantly.
I agree with the previous post ebay kits usually don't fit up well but if you are handy and don't mind fabricating, cutting the crap out of your bumper, making mounts, welding than you should buy a reputable brand.
Either way good luck.

First of all you have a B16 gsr engine, correct me if I'm wrong but GSR is a B18.....
Second of all most budget turbo builds end up in a blown engine.
If you wanna boost any more than like 3-5 psi you will have to build your engine, which increases the cost significantly.
I agree with the previous post ebay kits usually don't fit up well but if you are handy and don't mind fabricating, cutting the crap out of your bumper, making mounts, welding than you should buy a reputable brand.
Either way good luck.

First off a GSR is a b18c.. And you can run more then 5psi on stock internals juss gotta have Good tune..
I have and eBay turbo piping set up and you don't even have 2 mod anything ridiculous juss some cuts and that's it..

first off a gsr is a b18c.. And you can run more then 5psi on stock internals juss gotta have good tune..
I have and ebay turbo piping set up and you don't even have 2 mod anything ridiculous juss some cuts and that's it..
i also have e-gay kit on mine. And every none of my ic pipe have bead rolls and i had to cut alot of it. I am now up grading little by little. So its going to end up costing me alot more than if i just bought a good brand. My post is from my experiance,yours may differ. But e-gay is a hit or miss. So far more miss than hit.

Well I guess I hit then.. Cause alI I had 2 do was cut 1 pipe shorter and split 1 in half 2 put the flange for my BOV.. an of course trim my bumper A Lil

Back