boosting zc help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinezter

well i have a dohc zc in my ef... i am goin to turbo it, but i do need help, because i am new at this turbo game.... first i will tell you all the turbo parts i have so far.. i have a t3 turbo with internal wastegate i do beleve, most pipeing, intercooler, and a boost gauge...

i need help on figureing out what manifold will work on a zc with a t3 turbo, i know i will have to modify it, but what exactly do i need to get?
and i do have a D-series turbo manifold, but i cant tell if its hf or not? how do i tell? i just know this manifold wont connect to the t3 turbo

and where do i get the oil lines, and oil return lines and flanges, ect.?

the other stuff i need help with is management, what do i need to get or do about that?
also how do i know what psi the turbo is set at? i want to run just 5.5psi or so....

i just want to do everything right the first time so sorry for all the questions, i just cant find this info about the zc anywhere so
thanks for all the help, i am goin to need it.

does the manifold bolt up to your block, and do the ports match. my buddie had to dremal his turbo manifold ports so they matched for his zc. oil lines you could go stealth mode, but i would rather have them built by a hydrolic shop. theres one by my speed shop that has all that stuff. the turbo is probably at like 6psi, but depending on who had it could be turned up more. your car is pobably obd0 so you could use an obd0 tuning program like turbo-edit, or convert to obd1 and use neptune, crome, hondata or the other various programs. piggy backs suck for turbo. also dont forget to get bigger injectors, personally i like 440's or 450's

aight, well i alredy got the manifold problem fixed, now its just oil lines, and management...

how do you do the management programs? , but just in case the turbo is set higher then 6psi how do i set it myself?

the last thing i was curious about was i heard that you need a breather can...? is this true?

but thanks for all the help, gave me the info i was looking for

the mangment programs need to be tuned by a tuner, unless you can program a fuel and ignition table by yourself, but most will come with a base map or have downloadable base maps for turbo's so you can get around for alittle while without a tune. you could open the wastegate completely so it lets all the boost pressure out, and then adjust it from there.

ive never heard anything about a breather can, but i dont know everything

wow thanks for the great websites, there helping me alot... and i think i have a pg6 right now, but i do want to find a jdm dohc zc ecu

thanks

Last edited:
well i have a dohc zc in my ef... i am goin to turbo it, but i do need help, because i am new at this turbo game.... first i will tell you all the turbo parts i have so far.. i have a t3 turbo with internal wastegate i do beleve, most pipeing, intercooler, and a boost gauge...

i need help on figureing out what manifold will work on a zc with a t3 turbo, i know i will have to modify it, but what exactly do i need to get?
and i do have a D-series turbo manifold, but i cant tell if its hf or not? how do i tell? i just know this manifold wont connect to the t3 turbo

and where do i get the oil lines, and oil return lines and flanges, ect.?

the other stuff i need help with is management, what do i need to get or do about that?
also how do i know what psi the turbo is set at? i want to run just 5.5psi or so....

i just want to do everything right the first time so sorry for all the questions, i just cant find this info about the zc anywhere so
thanks for all the help, i am goin to need it.

Hey if you want I can talk to me dad and see he's building my car so he will know what you need. I'll see with him tonight.

wow thanks for the great websites, there helping me alot... and i think i have a pg6 right now, but i do want to find a jdm dohc zc ecu

thanks

no prob bud. an uber cool jdm ecu would be nice but all of its hawt jdm powa wont make a difference if your going to rechip, and tune it for turbo. quick, go to the junkyard and find a pm6 from an 90-91 si before they are all gone!!!!!! you can chip an 88-89, but its a pita, hence why i found a newer one. good luck.

scott

Back