Boosting ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badbreedchiney

Car: 1990 Honda Civic
Engine: Sohc ZC

Everything is stock, i recently changed ecu to a pm6 as the correct ecu wasn't in there. in fact i still don't know what ecu was in there because it had no markings or indications were all scratched off. Car is running better now but it still feels a bit slow to me, i've always wanted a boosted car so i thought why not but i need to know how to lower compression in my zc as well as to how much psi can i run on a daily basis, whether i can use an emanage to improve hp + set up overall. i thought about going NA but then i really would love to see this car boosted.

Please advise.

you don't really need to lower the compression, and amount of boost doesn't really make a difference, it's all in the tune. upgrade your fuel system (injectors, fuel pump, and rail if you want to) then just do a normal turbo kit..preassembled or home made. get it tuned and maintain it

i was trying to find an engine management unit i could use in the meantime. i checked around online and all say i had to convert to OBD1 as the harness adapters will not match up. Is switching to OBD1 my only option if i want the use of an engine management unit?

Back