boost'n the b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well I've finally have everything I need to boost my sir-II. I have a turbonetics t3/t4 (50 trim and 48 a/r). running dsm 450cc injectors and vafc hack for now. I have a fmic, tial wastegate, greddy type s bov etc......... I was wondering with this setup if I would be able to hit 250whp? around what psi? I know I will not know the exact figures without some dyno time, but I just wanted to get some round'about figures from you experienced honda boosters..........

probably not... but mostly because of the limitations of the vafc hack itself. it only supports about 10.6 psi.... and i think you're going to need a couple more pounds to get there.
id guess 210-220s maybe?

so it sounds like a hondata and a 3 bar map is in order then...........

What do you think about that size turbo for a stock sir-II? If I went larger then I could get more cfm's at lower boost levels.

the 48 is kinda weak, but i think it will suit you well if 250 is your ultimate goal.

if you upgrade to hondata, i'd look into some 550's as well.
440's top out around 240-ish @ base fp ~ 12:1

Even with a 255lph pump? That I forgot to mention that I have. I still need to go with bigger injectors to make that kinda hp?

Will a stock b16 bottom end hold up for long at 250 hp+? I was thinking of doing this too, I just don't want to rebuild my whole engine. I was also interested what size and type of turbo would be right for a 250hp b16. Super 60?

How well your engine holds up is directly related to your charge temperature, your ignition timing, and your fuel delivery. Clean these three up and you will be able to push your stock internals to pretty extreme limits (which 250 ehp isn't too extreme for a b16).

with that turbo, you might be able to hit 250 on 14-15psi assuming it was impeccably well tuned. You'd probably be safer to crank it to a 16-17 psi or so, run a super efficient IC with the money you saved on a Hondata by using Uberdata. :)

My buddy has a B16 with ITR cams, ITR pistons, ITR intake mani, running 9.7:1 compression. He was using a shitty junkyard T3 .60/.63 turbo @ 14 psi and made 277whp/211wtq. I'm sure his new sc61 will be making a little more power than that shitty junkyard turbo too. I don't think you will have a problem at all getting 250+ whp out of your engine with that turbo. Just get some good fuel management and have your car tuned well. Should last you a long time and be very reliable.

Right now I have a nx wet kit. I was going to take it off when I install the turbo. Could I spray like a 35 shot without upgrading the 450cc injectors, and or engine managment? Due to the lack of funds my I will be running the vafc hack(for now). Just trying to hit the 250hp mark.

I have a B16 from a 2000 Si in my car and am running a Drag Gen 3 Kit. @ 7psi i hit 215 @ wheels with just a SAFC. Nothing done to the motor but that. Pretty decent for stock internals.

the drag kits' t3/t04e is bigger than the 50t / .48 a/r that he's getting... and thus is going to require more boost to make the same power... and thus, i made my guess that hes going to need mroe than 10 psi to get there

Back