Bored Japanese College Students

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lmao wil. yes it does. and that little intermission or whatever the hell it was really makes me worry about the japanese...

:huh: :confused: :huh:

holy fuck

i want my 15:41 back

ok i will admit that it was mildly cool and impressive

although at the same time it was like watching that fucking accord comercial for almost 16 minutes... then add in the annoying music... the stupid intro and half time show... and that fucking shit they kept saying over and over at the end of each clip...

i have never wanted to punch myself in the throat quite as much as i want to right now

If I had to guess, looks to me like a Japanese kids show that goes to break with a Rube Goldberg type contraption each time, and this was a compilation. Some of them were really great. Looks like a really cool show if it is... gets kids thinking and building unlike shows here like power rangers that gets kids smashing and destroying. :p Dunno why it has the opening to Bleach at the start though...

And the far left dancing girl was cute :p

For those who dont know, the introduction is to an anime called Bleach, as stated above. The show is really interesting and I myself have been watching it. I think it is up to epsiode 77 or something.

With that out of the way, the previous week, it annoucned that there will be no airing the following week because a one-hour special will be aired the week after that. I forgot, so I downloaded it myself from the great fansubbers, Dattebayo (who also does Naruto too). Fuckers put this video out and labled it as the next epsiode, but it was my fault for not remembering the one hour special.

Cliffnotes: Fansubbers put this out to fool people to downloading it because they knew people would forget about a one-hour special.

Bleach KICKS ASS! I hope Cartoon Network never gets their grubby hands on it and screws it all up like they did with other good animes... like Naruto.

-----
Damn, I actually watched the video all the way through.

For someone who's a geek and also participated in a good number of Rube Goldberg Machine competitions, it was a pretty badass video!

Hate to burst your bubble Mike, but Bleach got licensed!! So count on it being on cartoon network.

I think theyre doing much better jobs subbing now adays. FMA was pretty good and so is Naruto. Abiet the voices blow jobs, at least the names, techniques and overrall sometimes adult themes remains for the adult swim portions of the show. Samurai Champloo was done really well too, I thought.

So don't give up hope on Bleach. Some of the more "asian" things will probably translate bad over anyway.

i dont see the big deal in translating stuff. i mean i for one HATE reading subtitles, to me, it completely takes away from the "watching experience" or whatever you wanna call it. I mean if i could speak japanese then it'd be no problem, but i dont. i just hate when people are like "ew you watched the english version?", um yea cause i dont speak japanese asshat. /rant

i personally like the japanese verisons because the voices dont sound so corny. if youve watched naruto in japanese and naruto in english, it sounds really weird, especially when they do the "jutsus"

"kage bushin no jutsu" sounds a whole lot better than "shadow clone technique". in the english manga, its "doppleganger effect" which is terrible.

another thing to note is, anime is cartoon and americans still think cartoons are for kids, so they edit a lot of the blood and adult humor. like naruto stabbing himself to prove his dedication or kakashi reading dirty magazines.

its true that its preference, but imagine watching crouching tiger hidden dragon with english dubs that doesnt match the lips and sound apathetic. thats how i view my anime.

=)

Quoted post[/post]]
Hate to burst your bubble Mike, but Bleach got licensed!! So count on it being on cartoon network.

I think theyre doing much better jobs subbing now adays. FMA was pretty good and so is Naruto. Abiet the voices blow jobs, at least the names, techniques and overrall sometimes adult themes remains for the adult swim portions of the show. Samurai Champloo was done really well too, I thought.

So don't give up hope on Bleach. Some of the more "asian" things will probably translate bad over anyway.

I knew that Bleach had been licensed- just not by Cartoon Network. It wasn't by CN was it? Hopefully not. if they do air it in the US, they're going to have to cut about half the stuff out!

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont see the big deal in translating stuff. i mean i for one HATE reading subtitles, to me, it completely takes away from the "watching experience" or whatever you wanna call it. I mean if i could speak japanese then it'd be no problem, but i dont. i just hate when people are like "ew you watched the english version?", um yea cause i dont speak japanese asshat. /rant

You lose the original FEELING. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
i personally like the japanese verisons because the voices dont sound so corny. if youve watched naruto in japanese and naruto in english, it sounds really weird, especially when they do the "jutsus"

"kage bushin no jutsu" sounds a whole lot better than "shadow clone technique". in the english manga, its "doppleganger effect" which is terrible.

another thing to note is, anime is cartoon and americans still think cartoons are for kids, so they edit a lot of the blood and adult humor. like naruto stabbing himself to prove his dedication or kakashi reading dirty magazines.

its true that its preference, but imagine watching crouching tiger hidden dragon with english dubs that doesnt match the lips and sound apathetic. thats how i view my anime.

=)

:werd: :werd: :werd: and :werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
:withstupid: that vid was badass! :ph34r:

:w00t:

Quoted post[/post]]

[/b]

I knew that Bleach had been licensed- just not by Cartoon Network. It wasn't by CN was it? Hopefully not. if they do air it in the US, they're going to have to cut about half the stuff out!

Quoted post[/post]]
[/b]

You lose the original FEELING. :)

Quoted post[/post]]

=)
[/b]

:werd: :werd: :werd: and :werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
:withstupid: that vid was badass! :ph34r:
[/b]

:w00t:

To answer your question cal (and bump a cool old video) bleach did get licensed by CN and yes it does suck. Im on episode 96 of bleach right now (not a whole lot left to catch up) and i couldnt even watch a full episode on CN the other night. its difficult to believe they could do that to such an awesome show (well its awesome both times they are in soul society...feels a little slow the rest of the time).

Have you been thinking about this for 8 months ?

no i just started watching bleach cause i saw it on cartoon network the other day and though, "Hey, cal said this was a cool show and it sucks." Then i started watching it off you tube, and it really does rocks, just the american voice actors suck.

Back