Bored Japanese College Students

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's funny, the guy I work next to told me his son is playing "some anime song for his piano recital"

He's playing the piano / Mandolin bit from Naruto "sadness" something. The episode of the funeral.

I wish I was allowed to do shit like that for MY piano recitals.

Wow, thread from the dead.

Cartoon network doesn't license anything, its companies like Tokyo Pop (SHAT FACKERS), Viz, Funianimation, etc who actually license it and Cartoon network just airs it with rights of course.

Anyway, I havent watched the US version, but as of late, the anime on adult swim pretty much stay true to the Japanese version with the blood-gore and perverted jokes. It depends really though. Naruto is geared more for kids so the blood and stabbings get cut, but Bleach is geared for tweens and Kenshin is for 20 something year old Dungeon Masters so the blood and stuff stays. However, language is definately changed. The Japanese versions use shit (kuso), gaki (brat), shimatta (damn it), baka yaro (stupid bastard), etc... more often, but is obviously toned down in English. Do they even put "Im going to kill you idiot?"

no i just started watching bleach cause i saw it on cartoon network the other day and though, "Hey, cal said this was a cool show and it sucks." Then i started watching it off you tube, and it really does rocks, just the american voice actors suck.

If you're watching on YouTube, you really need to get the full quality .avi fansubs by Lunar and Dattebayo. Watching anime on YouTube = sucky quality.

well i watch it at work and since i work for a webhosting company bandwidth spikes dont go unnoticed.

so youtube fits my bandwidth requirement and its good enough to me to make it to episode 97 now still very much into the show.

I watch everything from Anime-Eden.com

very few english animes, most of it's subbed...as if I need subbed...haha...and they update weekly...and I just can't stop watching it....

well i watch it at work and since i work for a webhosting company bandwidth spikes dont go unnoticed.

so youtube fits my bandwidth requirement and its good enough to me to make it to episode 97 now still very much into the show.

No, I'm not talking about downloading them at work through torrents... download them, burn them, then watch them at full quality!

no internet video is worth that kind of hassle.

I dl anime-edens vids all the time at work...they are the only thing that goes thru the firewalls...

uh its not really an internet video. its like saying an epsiode of friends an internet video. its broadcasted on tv and someone records it and uploads it to the internet.

it seems that cal and i are the only ones that appericiate anime. good wholesome quality fansubs with no bullshit voice-overs or deleted scenes.

anyway, airjockie, they have raw subs by saiyan-man. so you can watch it JDM style, haha. oh and thanks for that site. they have a lot of direct downloads. trying to get the rest of Blood+

Nah, there are a lot of other people on here that really appreciate anime... at least I think there are. :(

But yeah, no watching anime on YouTube. I like to blow shit up full screen and have full quality sound too.

I sat down to try a few of those shows on the Eden website.

Still convinced that anime sucks long donkey dick. Yeah, there are a few, but overall it's brainless.

Most "cool" anime is comparitive to really shitty poetry written by 14 year old girls from divorced familes. Vampyre this and sword that. Or the male version of Mecha this and sword that. Everyone has a fuckin sword. I had hopes for FLCL, until I Realised that it sucked harder without the swords and mechs / vampyres.

I'm a fan of Robotech here and there, but all of the characters are closet homos. In fact, I would have to say that pretty much encapsulates all anime characters.

You haven't watched the good shit- there's a LOT of variation out there.

fuckin excellent dude. im serious. the first trip to soul society was AMAZING...one of the best story arcs of any tv show ive ever watched (anime or otherwise).

Thats because the only crap they bring over here is Sci-fi stuff because usually only the geeks like anime, hence all the robotech, gundam, etc... stuff. Sometimes the occasional emo fucktard gets into it like DBZ or Naruto and makes it queer.

And swords to the Japanese are like guns to Americans. Its part of their culture. Seriously, what kind of mafia or Bonds flick would you be watching without guns? Who'd ever seen a sword-less samurai or ninja? Who would CLoub be without his ginormous Buster sword?

Anyway, anime has so soo much variation.
Marital arts based: Tenjou Tenge, FIst of the North Star, Grappler Baki.
Samurai based: Samurai Champloo, Samurai Seven, Rurouni Kenshin.
Ninja based: Basilisk, Ninja Scroll, Naruto
Drama/Love: Love Hina, Chobits, Dr. Slump
Cars: Initial D, Midnight Wangan.

Anyone of those animes are great watches and thats just touching the tip of the iceberg. You get the point, it covers more than just mecha or vampires or too meterosexual guys.

If you want to give anime another try, I highly suggest watching Ninja Scroll, Eight Man and FIst of the North Star. Those were movies that really got me into it. Also if you like Naruto or Bleach, Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter are really awesome series too.

its a toy they sell in japan like legos check out jlist.com lots of crazy toys and stuff

My supervisor (who is a fat ugly fob asian girl) hates asians guys cuz she thinks they're all geeky with their video games and anime...... but then she does 'theatrical plays' which in my opinion is very queer-ish...... :whatafucktard:

Back