boring out a GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

is there any benefits in maximazing the displacement in a all motor b18c1....

some people said that you loose RPM

from 81mm to 84mm........

make it close to 2 litters around 1900 cc

somthing like a B20

<_<

or jest upgraiding the valve train will make it better like Skunk 2 cams, retainers, some forged valves,

<_<

You will gain torque all throughout the powerband off-idle.

I've never heard of losing rpm's cuz of boring, stroking it you might lose some.

And "safely" and "10k rpms" dont come cheap.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 19 2003, 12:49 AM
so I can run close to 10 RPM's safelly...

You can run 10 rpm all you want... just don't try to idle with it. :lol:

Boring to 84mm will require a resleeve. Have fun.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 19 2003, 02:02 AM
You can run 10 rpm all you want... just don't try to idle with it. :lol:

10 RPMs..... hmmmm im not too sure there are any internal combustion engines that can still run without stalling out at 10 RPMs.... might want to look into an electric motor or something

10RPM's I jest put it for example, about 9RPM's top will work too,

any ways, what is a good price to pay for boring aout an engine and resleeved,

and I will need some new=bigger pistons too, which ones you think I should get, since I am doin' all motor what brand=compresio you think I should get

thanks,

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 19 2003, 04:14 PM
10RPM's I jest put it for example, about 9RPM's top will work too,

damn now you want to run at 9 RPMs :blink:

most cars idle at 750 RPMs

i just dont see anything still running at 9 or 10 RPMs

perhaps you meant 9,000 (9k) or 10,000 (10k) RPMs ????? <_<

:lol:

:lol:

A good bore and resleeve job shouldn't cost you more than about $1000.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 19 2003, 12:48 AM
is there any benefits in maximazing the displacement in a all motor b18c1....

some people said that you loose RPM

from 81mm to 84mm........

make it close to 2 litters around 1900 cc

somthing like a B20

<_<

or jest upgraiding the valve train will make it better like Skunk 2 cams, retainers, some forged valves,

<_<

Kid you want to Rev at 10,000 RPMs for the hell of it? Or do you want to make power up there?
you want a bigger displacement? Around 2 liters? 84.5 and 85 mm bore (DONT GO ANY HIGHER TRUST ME)

(valve train will make it better like Skunk 2 cams, retainers, some forged valves,)
That wont get you there, you need more fuel, throttle body, Bored out cylinder head ( bigger intake ports and exhaust ports), titanium valves, pistons that can handle 10k rpms and most important an intake manifold that can maximize horse power up there I think skunk makes one and so does JG edelbrock.

47601.jpg

tb_installed.jpg

type.gif

You can fit 8 injectors on edelbrocks intake manifold, you need a camshaft that can handle that RPM too :p . Some turbo skyline tuners can make it rev at 9230 RPMS!!

if you cannot afford a sleeve job, the honda manual reccomends that you DO NOT go over 81.25mm on stock sleeves for the b18c1.

thanks...

but what about all this fouls out there who chip out their ECU and runing around 10000rpm, I know allready like 2 guys allready who over reved and fucked up their engines....

haha :)

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 19 2003, 09:57 PM
thanks...

but what about all this fouls out there who chip out their ECU and runing around 10000rpm, I know allready like 2 guys allready who over reved and fucked up their engines....

haha :)

Thats because that didn't make there engine strong enough.

Back