Bosal Brospeed exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I am in need of a new exhaust system in the near future and have been doing alot of research on price, manufacturers db specs, etc.

at one point I had the Thermal R&D stealth exhaust on my car and it was louder than I wanted for my daily car, plus there was no significant power gain to justify the sound volume.

I have contacted Thermal and they said that the Stealth exhaust weighs in at 88db under cali testing procedure.

I contacted the people at Bosal and received a reply that the Brospeed exhaust system is betwee 75-80 db so I think I will probably buy this exhaust but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it?

so.... anybody know about it? fitment, sound quality, etc?

I thought they went out of business already, they sell a lot of tips.

Milan

They've been around for quite some time... and every single Mazda 6 at the Mazda Rev-It-Up events was wearing Bosal Brospeed cat-backs this year.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 21 2003, 08:30 PM
They've been around for quite some time... and every single Mazda 6 at the Mazda Rev-It-Up events was wearing Bosal Brospeed cat-backs this year.

that is one of the big reasons that I looked into that exhaust system, I went to that event in MN and it was fun as hell. and I didn't think that the exhaust on the 6's made them much louder than stock and I liked that

Well, no extra air going into the engine (stock intake) and no replacement headers makes them a little quieter too... all they really did is uncork the last half of the exhaust system. The headers and stock intake are still restricting the noise level, since there really isn't that much more air moving through the system.

that's true but when I had the Thermal Stealth exhaust on my car I still had the stock intake and header and it was louder than I wanted. the bosal system is suposed to be 8-10 db quiter and I have heard it and it wasn't annoying as hell. granted it was on a V6 but I've heard aftermarket exhausts on v6 accords that sounded like crap and were way too loud

go for it.... its better then flex pipe!

Actually Jon, the flex pipe isn't too bad

my car sounds ok even though the exhaust is jerry rigged beyond belief, I just want to get a real exhaust that will be a little more free flowing than the stock 1.8" pipe that is rusty as hell and has more patches than an orphanage

Originally posted by seanjuan@Aug 26 2003, 10:43 AM
Actually Jon, the flex pipe isn't too bad

my car sounds ok even though the exhaust is jerry rigged beyond belief, I just want to get a real exhaust that will be a little more free flowing than the stock 1.8" pipe that is rusty as hell and has more patches than an orphanage

thats funny... did you get anything yet

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Aug 30 2003, 07:19 PM
I liked my Brospeed till the inlet on the muffler rusted and broke....

damn, was it full stainless?
how long till it broke?
do they have any type of waranty for stuff like that?

Back