Bosch O2 Sensor prob's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsm

hey everyone.

i have a '96 civic ex coupe--stock. i just replaced my primary O2 sensor w/ a bosch, instead of OEM. the mileage seems to be back where it needs to be, but the bosch gives me a check engine light when the car is cold.

i have tried two new bosch O2 sensors w/ the same results. i never had a check engine light w/ my old sensor--i just replaced it, b/c i was noticing the symptoms of it needing to be replaced.

i have a scanner, and the sensors are working fine. i'm getting code--P0135--'electrical problem w/ primary O2'. my old O2 sensor doesn't even do this.

like i said, it is only when the car is cold, and for the first minute of running. anyone else had problems w/ the bosch's?

i've only had my civic for a few months, so all help is greatly appreciated.

zack

well, word on the street about bosch o2's is that they tend to make the car run a little more rich. but, you are throwing a code... and from the looks of it, it sounds like a wiring issue.

Verify the wires based on the instructions on the o2 and the pinouts for your car (obd2a pinouts availble in the "general swap info" section of the "swap" section on this site). verify that the wire colors are going to the right location on the car's harness. its very possible that bosch sucks... well, no... they suck ass. i hate them. but thats besides the point. point is, their harness may not be built right and thus 2 wires may be mixed up on the plug.

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back