Boston, GO HOME

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

posol

RETIRED
Yankees owned you :)

hehehe

ohh, and heres a couple baseball jokes... that some redsox fan made up. too bad they lost.

A Boston Red Sox fan, a Chicago Cubs fan and a NY Yankee fan were all in
Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze. All of the sudden Saudi
police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a
severe offense in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually
being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death! However,
after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, they were able to
successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment.

By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial
finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided they could be
released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip. As they were
preparing for their punishment, the Sheikh suddenly said,"It's my first wife's
birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before
your whipping."

The Cubs fan was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought
about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back." This
was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through.
The Cubs fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain when the
punishment was done.

The Yankee fan was next up (he almost finished an entire fifth by
himself), and after watching the scene, said "All Right! Please fix two
pillows on
my back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip
went through again, sending the Yankee fan out crying like a little girl.

The Red Sox fan was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but
before he could say anything, the Sheikh turned to him and said, "You
support the greatest baseball team in the world, your supporters are the
best and most loyal baseball fans in all the world. For this, you may
have two wishes!" "Thanks, your most Royal Highness," the Red Sox fan
replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me
not 20, but 100 lashes."

"Not only are you an honorable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very
brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is
what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be?" the
Sheik asks. "Tie the Yankee fan to my back."

----------------------

There is a Yankee fan, a Red Sox fan, a Cubs fan and a Marlins fan climbing up to the top of a mountain talking about how loyal they are to their team, and how they would do anything for them.

Once they reach the top of the mountain the Cubs fan screams, "THIS IS FOR THE CUBS" and jumps off.

The Marlins fan screams "THIS IS FOR THE MARLINS" and he too jumps off.

Finally the Red Sox fan screams, "THIS IS FOR EVERYONE" and pushes the Yankee fan off.

yankee's got pwned in the jokes :owned:

yankees vs the marlins.. i dont really see the marlins doing all that well..

Good Jokes, but I thought you didn't like baseball. I hate the Yankee's you can go read my rant in the Red Sox thread. One more thing, the Marlins have a good chance of winning, most people didn't think that they could even make it to the playoffs, much less the World Series. I would love to see the young team beat the veterans.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2003, 04:27 AM
Finally the Red Sox fan screams, "THIS IS FOR EVERYONE" and pushes the Yankee fan off.

The best punch line EVER... :worthy: :worthy:

Yankee's fans= :owned:

:bo:

all you redsox fans can blame losing that game on one fucking guy.
I have no clue what his name is but it's the arrogant mofo that was pitching in the 8th
he should of bowed out gracefully when he had the chance, but no "I am the greatest pitcher I'll stay in", and then bam lets 3 runs in , then they make him stop.

If I was his coach I don't care what he told me I would of removed him regardless.

I'm no baseball fan, but it would of been nice to see the Redsox actually do something for once rather than fuck it up like they always do. I don't really care for the yankees cause they seem like they think their shit doesn't stink.

Actually, it was horrendous coaching, not Pedro wanting to keep pitching, if the manager had any kind of brain, he would have brought in the lefty to pitch to Matsui, that is common sense. The coach fucked it up, and once again, it was the curse at work.

1918 - 2018.

i got $100 on it. it will take them 100 years. lol

the only people that can should actually make comments in this thread is DOHC accord. He seems like the only true baseball fan. the rest are all bandwagon jumpers. The game was lost by Grady little in three different areas.

he should have had Damon bunt with mueller on 3rd and variteck on 1st with no outs in the 4th.

he should have taken Pedro out in the 8th

He shouldn't have put wakefield in in the 11th....

the game was lost by Grady, not by Pedro. Pedro did his job and did it well till he got tired, and I'm sorry, no competitive athlete will bow out graciously. They all have the ego to stay in. Its the managers job to replace him when he is showing signs of fatigue, which Grady didn't do.

The Yankees didn't WIN that game, it was handed to them by Grady Little because of extremly poor managerial descisions....

Merry Christmas Yankee fans, you got a gift early, cause that game was over before the 8th eruption if timlin and williamson got in the game.....

Yeah, there's no way an athlete will remove himself from a situation like that. It was Grady's responsibility to remove him. However, you can't blame the loss on that decision. There's no telling what would have happened had Grady brought it anyone else. Case in point: Boone lighting up Wakefield, who was previously stellar.

I agree. I thought it was VERy interesting how Pedro was throwing -90mph pitches in the first few ininngs and then all of a sudden he was throwing 95+ He is an amazing pitcher, there is no doubt about that. During the game yesterday they compared him to sandy koufax and pedro was actually leading him in stats, era, innings pitched, etc.

By far one of the best games that I have watched

Pedro by the end of his career might now have as many strikouts as Roger and Ryan, but his IMPORTANT stats like era and win/loss ratio are going to be far superior.......

you can say that they should of have bunted and all that. but if he bunted, they could of opted to get out mueller. sure the resonable thing to do is get the easy out, but you never know. and dont say you do know. both teams could of have done alot of things different to make it so they would win. "the game was handed to them" please, then you could say that Wells handed them a run. Did you see that pitch...hanging right there in the middle of the plate and--BOOM, homerun. I dont think the game was handed to them, it sounds like someone is bitter.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 17 2003, 03:15 PM
you can say that they should of have bunted and all that. but if he bunted, they could of opted to get out mueller. sure the resonable thing to do is get the easy out, but you never know. and dont say you do know. both teams could of have done alot of things different to make it so they would win. "the game was handed to them" please, then you could say that Wells handed them a run. Did you see that pitch...hanging right there in the middle of the plate and--BOOM, homerun. I dont think the game was handed to them, it sounds like someone is bitter.

Ya think I'm bitter? <_< another DUMB yankees fan......

Like I said in the other post, the Yankees got outplayed. AGAIN, I will say it. Pedro is effective for around 100 pitches. We ALL know this. AGAIN< I will say it. YOU DO NOT KNOW BASEBALL WELL ENOUGH!!!! a suicide squeaze with speed on the base paths with an experienced baserunner will work 90% of the time. By the time the runner gets the jump on the ball, and the ball would be forced down the right base path to make sure that once the catcher catches it, he wastes timeturning trying to tag the runner out. IF you let it go, you can force one out, but a run scores, if you try and tag the runner at home, you put another man on third and the batter goes to first, maybe second depending on speed. either way, you no worse for the wear if he gets tagged out at home, because you still have a man on third(the runner on first) and a man on first, possibly second. if you let him swing away, you do one of two things if he DOESN'T get a hit, you allow a pop out, not advancing the runners, you could induce a double play, thus preventing the sacrafice fly (which happened by the way) or he could strike out with no possibility of advancing the runners.

Do not get into a managerial battle of witts with me because I am the equivilant of Joe Torre and you are the equivilant of Grady Little. Your simply outmatched and out witted.

Also, The Yankees could not do a THING against him in 7 2/3 innings excpet a meatball he thre out there. He was still leading 4-1. 100 pitches comes and goes, and then he looses his effectivness. When he got in trouble in the 7th you COULD make the argument that he should have come out, and he should have stayed in. But when he gave up the first doube in the 8th, he should have come out. Plain and simple. Grady was afraid to make the call. in turn, when you have a 60% pedro vs a 100% Bullpen that hasn't allowed a run in the post season, you take him out period! The game should have never went into extra innings. The bullpen shgould have come in and even if they allowed two runs. I could realistially see that, but to give up three runs.......please....

spare me the "someones bitter" routine. If I wanted that, I could have called up my ex girlfriend and let her kick me in the nuts 12 times, at least that would have been less painful than a STUPID managerial decision.

Come on now, don't go saying Torre isn't a great manager. You can argue the whole high payroll bullshit all you want, but the fact is, he got the Yankees to the World Series BEFORE any of that happened. Grady fucked up big time last night. So don't say that Grady is God and Torre is inferior.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to write out the responses that quicksi is writing...the boss is lurking around. )

man i love you red sox fans, always calling us yankee fans dumb, retarded, stupid, assholes...blah blah blah. i guess whatever WE think is dumb, youre right, oh so right. im gonna let you go with this one. But i will say this, the game was not handed to them. and either in this thread or in another you said if anyone thought the yankees were to come back is stupid, or something like that. I sat on the edge of my seat the whole time, its called faith. I had faith in them that they could pull it off. Dont you get the same way when the Red Sox are down? Or do you turn it off when they are losing cuz you only like it when they win?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 17 2003, 03:35 PM
Come on now, don't go saying Torre isn't a great manager. You can argue the whole high payroll bullshit all you want, but the fact is, he got the Yankees to the World Series BEFORE any of that happened. Grady fucked up big time last night. So don't say that Grady is God and Torre is inferior.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to write out the responses that quicksi is writing...the boss is lurking around. )

I never once said Torre was an inferior manager. I think Torre is a GREAT manager, and wish we had someone of his caliber here. I think Little is an idiot, he has cost the sox games all year long (I can think of at least 6 off of the top of my head with bullshit decisions like last night) and that he should be strung up from the Tobin because he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back