Bottom end build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can get a B20 long block for 650 from hmotors.

itd be easier to have a 85 mm bore. if you are really looking high displacement.

it wont require resleeving and a new block is cheaper than the entire sleeving process. you put a GSR head on the B20 it can make well over 200 HP. a simple turbo kit will easily put you at the 300 mark, even with stock pistons and rods.

CRVTEC is seriously an under utilized design IMO, but hey, what do i know?

Quoted post[/post]]
itd be easier to have a 85 mm bore. if you are really looking high displacement.

it wont require resleeving and a new block is cheaper than the entire sleeving process. you put a GSR head on the B20 it can make well over 200 HP. a simple turbo kit will easily put you at the 300 mark, even with stock pistons and rods.

CRVTEC is seriously an under utilized design IMO, but hey, what do i know?

Yeah I think the B20 block will be better a local shop told me boring a 1.8 out to 84+mm will require sleeving the crap out of it because the cylinder walls will be much thinner and less durable?

With the B20 block they use LS crankshafts right?

no, no, no.if you want anyhting reliable donot use a b20 block. and DO NOT BORE TO 85MM!!!

why wouldnt you use the B20. granted my only experience with it is through a dart block, but it seems like a good platform...as long as you get a CRV block and not a prelude block.

hence sleeving and block guard...i unno, just bouncing off ideas, not criticizing

Quoted post[/post]]
hence sleeving and block guard...i unno, just bouncing off ideas, not criticizing

yeah thats sorta like what the shop told me if I were to bore the 1.8 to 85mm the walls would be so thin Id have to sleeve and resleeve to get it right, but with the dart B20 you can choose I think its 81.5 or 84.5mm but I thought 85 was stock for the CRV

making a 81.5mm bore ona B20 would be a 1.8 anyway

yeah, and since the dart is a closed deck its safe to overbore it.

there is no reason to NOT go with an 84.5mm. the dart still exceeds your needs, but the torque is always a good thing. .5mm over is not a big deal, and then your pistons become JE shelf stock.

Quoted post[/post]]
there is no reason to NOT go with an 84.5mm. the dart still exceeds your needs, but the torque is always a good thing. .5mm over is not a big deal, and then your pistons become JE shelf stock.

Does the LS crank fit in the B20s like I have heard

as far as i know, yes. I know for a FACT that the GSR crank works. i think you need custom rods for that, but im not the be all end all expert on b-series engines.

Back