bought a 86 prelude 5speed with 2 carbs.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gold-h22a

this car is in really good condition. its an 86 5 speed with 2 carbs. i bought it for the winter. does any one do anyting to them or not even mess with it, just drive it??? it has 109K miles on it.....

DUDE!! I love 2nd gens!! they are sooooo much fun to drive!!!

...im sure by now you have driven it around the corner and go, "WHOA. THIS THING HANDLES?!!!" :D :D :D

...the best thing you can do for an ET motor(im assuming) is finding the ever-so-rare, WEBER carbs. That will give you a lot more HP.

check out preludepower.com for your 2nd gen needs.

...as for engine swap...if you can find a JDM B20a1, the Euro or JDM 2nd gen motor, do that! that or the a20 FI motor found in the 2nd gen Accord Lx-i or 2nd gen Prelude Si.

good luck man! any pics?
^_^

how much do they run for, like the street cost price? i tjink i got a good deal on this one!!!

2nd gen Ludes, 1986 NOT Si models run around $500-1000. You got a sweeeet deal bro, low miles too...cherish it, dont beat on it.

Old School Hondas, especially Preludes are special. y0. :D

how do you tell if they are si??? i think it is???it has a really big sun roof in it... and its a 2.0 maybe... its really cool, the paints in really good shap,
but inside the gas lid its all rusted out...:( but thats they only rust on the car,thats about it... i wont to slame it!!!!

Well, all Preludes, since 1978 come with moonroofs. It's our trademark. y0.

How can you tell? well, the dual carbed motor isn't Fuel Injected ^_^
Also, if it was an Si model, you would see the "2.0Si" badge and also the ultra-cool trunk spoiler, or read deck spoiler.
I believe 86 up either came with the ET II motor, or A18 dual carbs.

Either way, take it for what it is bro.
A clean, low mileage classic that is 100% a blast to drive...
www.preludepower.com

Back