Bought a '98 GS-R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdg

It's the dark green one, with the tan interior (oh well, it's a GS-R)

130k miles. It's stock, and was pretty clean as the last owner bought it from an Acura dealer in '01 being the second owner so they cleaned it up; engine bay was actually pretty clean. So I'm the third owner. Drives quite nice. I used to have a '00 Si so it's damn similar but I'm not gonna miss that Si anymore.

Anything I should know about? I mean the car definetely feels 7 years old but it's in great shape. I heard some slight noises last night just like metal like noises in first gear driving real slow through a parking lot...I don't think it's anything really to worry about but it just made me nervous for a second.

Other than the fact the tires are pretty bare and there's the standard 7-year old dings and scratches (but shit there's not much) it looks all good.

But if there's any tips ya got then speak up. I know it's a GS-R but everything is stock down to the damn worn-ass shift knob and stereo. I don't think it was pushed much. Just lots of highway commute miles.

The thing feels so different from the Si though...it shifts totally different, I wasn't expecting it. It shifts smoother. Best part is, it's faster than that Si, and I'm saving $5k.

Thx for the replies

Does anyone know about gas mileage being affected with time? Like how much....cuz I filled the tank up and the meter has dropped like a quarter already after only like 50 miles it just doesnt seem right.

Also, these tires on there are shit. Any recommendations for what tires to buy and how much I'm lookin at? I want quality shit but not ridiculously priced either

The noise you are hearing may be the heat shield beacause mine used to ratlle alot. ALso, if u stay under 4500rpm u will burn less gas, im sure u know that already though.

If the fuel filter has never been changed, then that can really effect millage. With my del Sol, when I first got it, I would get 30+ in the city all the time, then it slowly droped to around 20ish. Put a new fuel filter in, jump up to 30+ again. My GSR engine now has around 150K on it and I get great gas millage (although my car is a little bit lighter then your car) I get 32+ on the highway and up in the UP where there are only 2 lane highways (speed limit 55) and when I go 60, I have got as high as 38MPG.

about tires my friend jus bought some yokahama es 100's and they r great but pricey. they cost like a 109 a tire but now he can launch at like 5500 rpms.he also has a gsr

Back