bought a b18b1 with no pcv system!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo_ej1

i bought a complete b18b1 engine for 150 bux, i was checkin it out earlier today and i noticed that theres not a hole for the black box, thats probably why it wasnt included!! has anyone ever dealt with one of these?? please help

Never seen it, but pcv is a waste of time in my opinion anyway. Cap the manifold if you have too, just leave a breather on the valve cover.

There is a difference between the OBD1 and 2 blocks, forget which one doesn't have the PCV box.

The purpose of the PCV system is to remove combustion vapors that leak past the valves and piston rings and introduce fresh air. Combustion vapors contain unburnt fuel that contaminate the engine oil and reduce viscosity protection. I pluged my turboed teg PCV system because of a boost leak that I couldn't fix. Ran fine and I just changed the oil more often. I wouldn't reccomend running without one if the motor has low compression numbers (worn rings or valve that don't seat well).

Jiffy Lube told me my PCV valve was clogged today when I got my oil changed. Maybe I'll replace it, maybe not.

Back