Bought a bike...need some info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
I bought a bike the other day...it was a good price and the guy that did the work knew what he was doing...

It's a 1982 Honda CB900F Super Sport. I drove it a few times, and I even looked at all the old parts that came out of the motor and he explained to me why he changed what he did and the history of the bike...however, I can't find any information on what that bike is in comparison to newer bikes. Anybody with some links that could send em my way, it would be appreciated.

The bike is clean. One owner, rebuilt a few weeks ago, 200 miles on the rebuild. The thing is quick, shifts smooth, and idles perfect. Doesn't leak fluids, and doesn't burn anything. Clean title, no scratches...The thing looks like it could go in a show room somewhere. The guy is even gunna throw on a new set of tires for me before I take it next week. I post some pictures when I get it.

Holy Crap ! Walter !

Interesting bike.. personally, (and I love old vehicles) I wouldn't buy a japanese bike below 1989, not a sport bike anyway.

It's not a sportbike, it's a cruiser....and personally, I think they're badass. If it runs good, was rebuild correctly, and is in good overall condition, I'd say it's worth a grand or so...

If you paid more than $1000, however, you got ripped.

Good buy!

image_03.jpg

Celerity keep in mind some of the best drag bikes are old 80s jap bikes.
The fasted "street" bike on record right now is a bandit 1200. sure it's a late 90s bike but it has the same friggin engine as the old 80s suzukis.

If I had room I'd love to pick up and old Suzuki GS or Honda CB.

neat stuff man, drop them down, put straight bars on them and clean up any unneeded items =) sexy stuff.

Thanks for the input. It's in really good condition, both mechanically and body-wise. I paid just over a grand, but the receipts the guy showed me for the parts and stuff, plus what he paid for it and his labor and everything else is only $100 less than what I am paying him...I think it's worth it...and the guy guaranteed me it would run for at least 3000 miles before it needed anything, otherwise, he would fix it for free and buy the parts. I've see the work that this guy has done, and I know the labor that went into it was good and well worth it, so I have no doubts about that. I am also kind of glad that I bought this rather than a street bike, because God knows that with me riding it for hours at a time, my back would be killing me if I was on a street bike riding to San Fran or Sacramento or some place like that which is a few hours away. I need something comfortable, but sporty...and this fills both categories. It may be old, but to just ride around town or go on a little trip, this is all I need.

Back