Bought a crx today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

time to clear some stuff up, lol

90-93 integras all had cable trannies
90-91 have a smaller input shaft
92-93 had a larger input shaft (same size as 94+)
90-93 all has the same number of splines, 92-93 just has a bigger shaft (something like 1mm bigger or something)

when you lower ANY car you loose suspension travel. CRX's moreso because the front shocks are pretty short. using the accord shocks (which are even shorter then the crx's) will help you equal out what you lost. i dont know how to explain it without pictures. you can also do things like extended top hats. i have the ground control top hats on my car and i gained something like an inch of suspension travel (and they look cool :))

ok, thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't positive why the 92-93 clutches wouldn't work, now I know. I knew that you had to use the 90-91 clutch, I just couldn't remember the reason :doh:

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 5 2005, 02:02 PM
ok, thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't positive why the 92-93 clutches wouldn't work, now I know. I knew that you had to use the 90-91 clutch, I just couldn't remember the reason :doh:
[post=495545]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, thanks man, it's all good, that's why have the mods here, lol

Now for the center caps for the blades, do i order the one's made for the 99-00 civic si wheels? because i want them to be honda center caps and not acura, because they are going on the rex.

gallery_28915_350_30103.jpg
Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+May 5 2005, 07:01 PM-->
ripperbone
@May 5 2005, 02:39 PM
you could
[post=495567]Quoted post[/post]​

still no pics ..BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[post=495664]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHA, sorry man, just took pics a few minutes ago after i was done doing some stripping/cleaning of the rex.
here's the pics as promised, let me know what you think.
:worthy:

thats a nice ass project car.

I got my hatch for 800 in running condition then beat the HELL out of the D.

Its all comming together now. I even decided to go back to the bodywork today, a few more dings a coat or two of primer and it'll be off to the paint shop.

What my plans are to do is, swap + I/H/E, new seats, blades (will be here tomarrow) and tires for the blades, then sell my 97 ex, then drop about 3 grand into the bodywork/kit/cf hood.

you don't need 3k to make the body the way you want it if you know how to do some bodywork unless you're trying to make some custom widebody kit.

get a replica kit cheap. Put it on (the hardest part) and have it painted.

Ok maybe it will be 3k cause of the paint.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 5 2005, 08:16 PM

get a replica kit cheap. Put it on (the hardest part) and have it painted.

[post=495692]Quoted post[/post]​

Any idea where to get a quality replica "type M/Mugen" kit cheap. I heard if ya get a knock-off kit you are gonna spend just as much on bodywork to make it fit as you would've to buy the "real" kit. :unsure:

even the "real" kits require some work to mkae fit perfect.

not sure where you can get some ncie ones though.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@May 6 2005, 10:24 AM
what about from extremedimensions.com ?
[post=495937]Quoted post[/post]​

good company, the guy I bought my kit from, now works for them

even the "real" kits require some work to mkae fit perfect.

sorry dude, but OOH HELL NO

wings west is the fucking shit for fitment...

i've had three of there kits so far and they all rock hard core... never a problem with em...

do not get a cheap knock off fiberglass piece of shit kit...
do yourself the favor and get the real deal 6 piece wings west poly kit...
you wanna save some money, get a used one, aircraft paint stripper, DA and some 120 and it'll be brand new in 2 to 3 hours...
trust me i did it...

check the forums here and honda tech, i just scored a brand new in the box complete 6 piece poly kit for 500 shipped to my front door...

you are gonna have to order from someone besides wings west cause they are relocating their warehouse and they are in effect closed for probably another month of two...

poly is worth its weight in gold compared to fiberglass, and wings west has excellent fitment, drill it, put it on, take it back off, prime it and paint it... just that simple... there kits look fucking sweet as hell, eliminate the moldings, and just look so clean with the door caps...

wings west kits tend to sit kinda high, so keep that in mind when deciding on how low to drop your car.

well then...

I personally just shaved the moldings, and I might get a f and r lip.

But I never really was into body kits so I can't say much for the WW. I've heard they were good and you have experience with. I don't really care for their kit for the EG hatches.

when my new digi comes I'll snap some new pics of my primered hatch.

I think a lip kit and shaved moldings on your CRX would be the best looking.

Thats what i was planning on doing to my ek, but i love the mugen style body kit.
Now what size tires should i get for the blades?
205 50 r15 or 195 50 r15?

So the 195's won't rub when i drop it 2-2.25" ?
And i assume that the 205's would of?

Back