bought a netbook

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
well after a few months of debating about getting a netbook, i finally went out and bought one.its an ASUS Eee PC 900 with 1g RAM, 16g solid state hard drive, WinXP, SD slot, 3 USB ports and a few more features. heres a link to the one i bought:

Asus - Eee PC Netbook with Intel® Celeron® Processor - Black - EEEPC900-BK039X

i paid $250 for it at Best Buy. so far its not bad but getting used to the keyboard is kinda hard. im gonna use it at car shows alot so its got everything i need. im happy with it so far :)

I picked up an Acer Aspire one a few months ago as well. It has been damn nice, 3 usb slots 2 sd card readers XP 160gig HD

I'm on an eee 1000HE right now- love it. The keyboard is great, the screen is great- I wanted the smaller 9" form factor of the 901, but the intro price and features on the 1000HE were just too hard to beat, especially for only $20 more than the 901s. I'll live with the extra size.

I bought my wife a Dell mini9, and it's awesome too- much smaller, usable keyboard but missing some keys (F row), and much much lighter than my 1000HE with the spinning hard drive. If I wasn't going to use the eee as my primary laptop, I would have gotten a mini9 and modded it with a huge SSD inside.

Not to bag on you, but can you return the 900 to Best Buy? There are better models for the same price that are still eees.

nah i dont think i can return it. ive already downloaded a few thing on it...firefox, aim, avg and ive updated flash on it. anyways its not bad, just a small keyboard is hard to get used to. i have my wireless one hooked up to it right now. im pretty satisfied with it :)

HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH 16GB OF HDD SPACE?!?!?

that is my only problem with SS machines. the more space you want, the much higher the cost.

and do they come with XP pro, or even vista yet?

that is my only problem with SS machines. the more space you want, the much higher the cost.

Uhmmm USB external hard drives, we do live in 2009? lol, silly man!

i've got a 750GB usb2 external, but you are out of your mind if i am carrying that with me...

but honestly, 16GB - 2GBish for OS and updates = 14GB. what does that get you? Office 2K7 with all the fixins is about 3GB. theres 11GB left. music? videos? games? LOL yeah right. my nintendoDS holds 4GB of games on it with my microSD card. it has wifi. using NDSTT and the SD card i can do almost anything the netbook can and my DS is lighter and touch screen.

you can get them with mechanical hard disks but i feel that defeats the purpose... and XP home cant even join a domain which makes it completely useless to me.

i've got a 750GB usb2 external, but you are out of your mind if i am carrying that with me...

but honestly, 16GB - 2GBish for OS and updates = 14GB. what does that get you? Office 2K7 with all the fixins is about 3GB. theres 11GB left. music? videos? games? LOL yeah right. my nintendoDS holds 4GB of games on it with my microSD card. it has wifi. using NDSTT and the SD card i can do almost anything the netbook can and my DS is lighter and touch screen.

you can get them with mechanical hard disks but i feel that defeats the purpose... and XP home cant even join a domain which makes it completely useless to me.

You're totally missing the point. The netbooks are NETbooks. They're not meant to be full-blown laptops. Mine will serve as such with a 160GB hard drive, but for most the SSD will work fine. They're not meant for heavy gaming- they don't have the horsepower for that. They're really meant to be ultra-portable laptops that have the capability to get online anywhere, do a few office tasks, and maybe... maybe serve as an entertainment device if you want it to.

4GB can get you an install of XP, Vista or 7 plus room for saving stuff on an SD card. That's more than enough for most users. Need more- get a true laptop!

so i jumped on the bandwagon and paid $300 for a slightly pumped EEE book... with the 160gb hdd.

I found out I can get a few wireless connections at my shop with a friends Mac, that things never lasted long. I think something like this should be in my future.

l_dc428a8c56e640b58376d1bbcd28a4c2.jpg

so i jumped on the bandwagon and paid $300 for a slightly pumped EEE book... with the 160gb hdd.

Which one? Because if you were on a 10" in that price range, you better have gotten the 1000HE. :D

It's hard to tell just from the picture... and there are much more than just the 1000HE that come with the 160GB drive.

l_1baf4ce338d84f60a91d5d57d3c01020.jpg

Asus EEE900HA with upgrades... 2GB and 160GB 7200rpm HDD.

now running vlited vista enterprise.

Cool. As long as you're happy! I just love my 9 hour battery life. ;)

Mine will last for 6-7 hours being used, and it's a smaller battery. (2 or 3 cell cheaper one)

Easily, don't download pron or save every last picture onto it.

Sweet, I got the gf an EEE 901, I maxed out the SSD in like 2 days, then I bought a 16gb SD card and that's maxed out right now. It's insane how fast you can burn through 30GB without even trying. I'm looking at upgrading the internal SSD, I don't want a hard disk, but the SSD's are still pretty spendy, like $150 for 64GB is pretty ridiculous.

It's basically used for internet browsing and watching ripped dvd's and TV shows. I have mine networked to my desktop which has an external HD that I can play movies off of while in bed, taking a shit, nude porch swinging, whatever. I wasn't sure if it could stream video through a USB hard drive, over my wireless network, and through a netbook, but the performance of this little machine has impressed me thoroughly. And the battery life is really good too.

Back