bought a new tv for the condo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Crutchfiled was running a special for a free matching stand ($300 value) with thier samsungs... and this is what i wanted anyway, so i figure i'd take the free stand now while i can get it... plus i don't have an entertainment center, so this would be needed.

Samsung HLR5078W 50" 1080P High Definition DLP TV that comes with the TR46X3SB stand.

free shipping, free stand.... 3500 out the door.

1080p owns all :p

i can't wait for hdvd discs to hit the market.... i'm considering "parting out" my dvd collection now while i can still get some money for them (kinda like how vhs tapes are worth liek 80 cents now...)

image.gif

Just Beautiful.

I'm really in love with Samsung these days. Hopefully I get the 26" HD LCD I asked for.

oh werd, thats the TV my friend has I think.

...what throws me is I think they said that their stand was going to be $700 or something absurd.

Oh I lie. There's is on a very narrow pedalstol from the company, but the screen looks virtually the same.

Can you look at that screen from all angles? He has a really long, narrow, family room and you can look at it from an extreme angle at the side and still see the picture clearly.

it has 160 degree side to side and like 80 up and down... so it should be visable in all areas of my room..

but crutchfield just called.. my CC denied the order for some reason--- probably because i have the ship-to address as my new condo and its not on my cc yet... so i gotta straighten that all out.... i'm easily 10 grand under my limit on that card :p

the pedastal model is not out in 1080p yet... and if he paid 7k for that, he got taken on a long LONG ride...

and word on the dlp > lcd. lcd's aren't even out in 1080p yet, nor are plasma's.

ok, just got off the phone with them... they put a hold on it for my secruity due to it being a large purchase.... should be processing now :)

Quoted post[/post]]
it has 160 degree side to side and like 80 up and down... so it should be visable in all areas of my room..

but crutchfield just called.. my CC denied the order for some reason--- probably because i have the ship-to address as my new condo and its not on my cc yet... so i gotta straighten that all out.... i'm easily 10 grand under my limit on that card :p

the pedastal model is not out in 1080p yet... and if he paid 7k for that, he got taken on a long LONG ride...

and word on the dlp > lcd. lcd's aren't even out in 1080p yet, nor are plasma's.

$700 for the stand that he didn't buy. About what you paid for your TV, $3500-$4000 and this was a year ago or more.

You got yourself a DAMN good TV there man! I have the Samsung DLP 50 inch...720p native. You are definitely secure for the future 1080p material that I'm sure HD-DVD's will take advantage of. You should try out Terminator 2 Extreme Edition which is actually in 1080p. Bet it would look beautiful man!

i have that dvd... i didn't know it was in 1080p..... are you sure? i didn't think that dvd supported anything higher than 480i

should say on the back

I retract that statement..

I did go though a bunch of my Xbox games and 480p was the highest any of those went

awesome tv, i just watched football on thanksgiving at my uncles house in jersey.. 5x" rear projection lcd (about 15 inches 'thick'), even tho its rear proj lcd, it was still dope as hell, but dlp is where its at. good pickup!

Quoted post[/post]]
Crutchfiled was running a special for a free matching stand ($300 value) with thier samsungs... and this is what i wanted anyway, so i figure i'd take the free stand now while i can get it... plus i don't have an entertainment center, so this would be needed.

Samsung HLR5078W 50" 1080P High Definition DLP TV that comes with the TR46X3SB stand.

free shipping, free stand.... 3500 out the door.

1080p owns all :p

i can't wait for hdvd discs to hit the market.... i'm considering "parting out" my dvd collection now while i can still get some money for them (kinda like how vhs tapes are worth liek 80 cents now...)

I agree 1080 progressive scan owns all. We just got a DLP Projector here at my work for our 25foot screen in our Digital Theatre and it's pretty sweet too, just imagine I get paid to play 25 foot Halo hahahahahahaaaa.
B that TV looks great let us know how the picture is when you get it.
Hey B whats next a 4:4:4 computer monitor???????

nice looking tv. when my roommate got his 36" lcd for his computer monitor we had looked at the Samsung's, I think they had one of the best pictures of the few we looked at. my roomate was pissed he didnt get one because they were on backorder and he didnt want to wait a month for it.

:thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey B whats next a 4:4:4 computer monitor???????

naw, i still have a 17" crt from 1998. lol i was GOING to upgrade, but it never happened... i'll probably just hook my pc into my new tv :p it has an input for it. lol 50" hondaswap.

omg! 50" pr0n! 11!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
we had looked at the Samsung's, I think they had one of the best pictures of the few we looked at.

yup. the only other picture i liked better was the sony SXRD 1080p. those are bad ass. but a LOT of loot.
other than that, the samsung 1080p's blew everything else out of the water...

Quoted post[/post]]
i have that dvd... i didn't know it was in 1080p..... are you sure? i didn't think that dvd supported anything higher than 480i

Yep, it is. Check it out. I played it on my PC which was able to play it at the resolution for 1080p, but obviously my TV couldn't handle it. Running the ATI Radeon 850 (256MB). Dammit! Now you got me all envious and shit. Let us know what you think when you get it and it's broken in and stuff.

For proof: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008PC2...tech-info&n=130

Check out under features. 4th bullet.

Back