Bought an 11ft. Burmese Python- It Bit me!- Pictures

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You use any sort of special lighting for you Ball? lol. But in all seriousness Ive read a lot of mixed info on wether or not its needed. I have a red "nightlight" for my Ball, I think Im going get one for the Burm too, but just a regular incandescent for basking.

i'm suprised sam jackson hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet...
snakesonaplane.png

snakes_on_a_plane_orly.jpg

snakesonaplane.jpg

id actually like to see some of these terreriums/vibariums you guys have. i myself would like to make a bigger one for the frog/toad collection, so ya...pics please.

and to byron and his lady...thats a big ass snake, treat it good. }=)

Last edited:
In the process of building a huge cage right now. When it's done i will put some pictures up. He has become an expensive little fella-:(

Nope, just an under-tank heating pad. Ball pythons are diurnal (active at dusk and dawn) as well as fossorial (adapted to living under ground), so UV light is completely unneeded. That said, they look pretty cool under a black light.
Leave it to Blanco to know what a snake looks like under a black light. Haha just kidding. I bet it looks cool as shit though. When I get my own place I'll probably finally get a Ball off my friends.

id actually like to see some of these terreriums/vibariums you guys have. i myself would like to make a bigger one for the frog/toad collection, so ya...pics please.

and to byron and his lady...thats a big ass snake, treat it good. }=)

They are really easy to build, we got ours up in a couple hours, Kristin is painting it right now, then we have to screen it and put the plants and substarate in.

CharlieCage069.jpg

All framed and painted, its pretty good size.

CharlieCage071.jpg

With substrate and plants.

CharlieCage072.jpg

Inside close-up.

CharlieCage074.jpg

Burm's eye view.

thats his GF doofus
the one that started this thread, got bit by a snake
showed us some goodies...

i probably would have put a split door on the front of the cage
so if he was down on the bottom, you could just open the top door and throw food in so you don't get in the way again
lol

Please tell me thats your little sister or something and not a stripper you kidnapped?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

:laughing1:

LMMFAO!!!

rep for you :thumbsup:

Here in south FL, I'm always running into coral and rattle snakes that always have a family member's dog's attention. Plus, the fuckers always claim home in an area that you are in everyday. Because of that, the only time I'm handling snakes, I'm pretty much always doing them in =(. I have no problem with them, but the corals and rattlers are both very aggressive and extremely poisonous. About that thing biting you, fuck that. Sucks that you can't just roll up a newspaper and smack it on the nose =P.

That's cool though, best of luck to you guys and your new friend.

thats his GF doofus
the one that started this thread, got bit by a snake
showed us some goodies...

i probably would have put a split door on the front of the cage
so if he was down on the bottom, you could just open the top door and throw food in so you don't get in the way again
lol

Your not supposed to feed them in their cage they live in. You take them out of their cage, immediately put them into another container and feed them in that. That way they learn no not attack you when you go to get them out to handle them, because they know that food doesnt come from that cage.

I've always fed my snakes in-cage and have only been bitten when it was my fault. :)

Why you don't want to feed a large snake outside of its enclosure: Thirteen Foot Burmese Python Kills Owner Note the similarity of this article with this topic.

The cage looks good, but too small. Check this article out: Reptiles Magazine - The Burmese Python - Making It At Home In Your Home - 1998 Annual

Another good article from a highly reputable breeder: New England Reptile Distributors, designer Ball Pythons, Reticulated Pythons, and much more!

dont even have one, but rep for the articles :thumbsup:

Wow well done- I only read little parts of it but it is very good information. Thank you very much. I will have to take more time to read and absorb.

Great read, thanks for the links, Ive always been a big amphibian/reptile person myself.

I'll give you a 7 foot boa for one night with your girlfriend.

There, I said it. Take this fuckin snake.

Back