Bought an 88 Accord DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1988HADX

As if you couldnt tell from my ID.

Anyways, bought it for :headsmash: $600 :doh: . Kicking myself for that. Lady said car ran good and transmission also worked great. I test drove it, heard clicking from right front. I know from that sound right axle needs replaced. (Same sound from the Z24 Cavalier I currently drive before axle swap). She also said it needed a new muffler. Said the battery was about a year old and breaks about 2.

The transmission I swear is not right. If I start out slow, it shifts fine. If I get on it like I can with my Z24, the RPMs jump, then it feels like it shifts oddly. I dont know how to explain it just yet.

Anyways, got it home. Jacked it up to check the axle, cv boot split so deff need axle or new cv boot. Checked other side, cv boot also ripped all the way around. I guess Ill be replacing both.

As for the muffler, I think I need to replace it all. The resonator is rusted thru, along with the end of the Cat.

The engine. When I start it, which so far, on the first crank, if battery holds...revs up to about 2500 - 3k...til it warms up a little, then I can tap the throttle to lower the rpms, which drops to about 1500...then tap throttle again to drop to 1k. I have tried using carb cleaner to clear this up, but no luck.

Does anyone on this forum have any advise for me :feedback: ? I am a trial member on Honda-Tech...with 140 views to my post and no replies. Hoping this one will be different.

Thanks to any replies

well man it could clear it up but then again it may not, i had one for years and it did the very same thing i just said eff it bc it goes away after warm. that thing has a ton of vacuum lines if any of them are cracked it could cause it

Back