bought my next car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I went and cruised the used lots today. Ended up coming home with a Q45... Nicest car I could find in my price range. I'll let the pics do most of the talking.

1992 Infiniti Q45
Not equipped with active suspension
134xxx miles
completely stock
Leather interior, full power, all options.

56k warning, pics are 1024x768

Front

Side

Rear

Engine

For those not in the know, that's a 4.5 DOHC Nissan V8 rated at 278 crank hp. The only limitations are the huge flywheel and automatic trans. It's great for freeway driving though.

I plan on getting some nice staggered 18s, dropping it, and re-tinting the windows, as well as all the maintenance-oriented stuff.

Forgot to say, I got it for 3k, plus 159 for registration and title fees.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 1 2005, 01:07 AM
Forgot to say, I got it for 3k, plus 159 for registration and title fees.
[post=493524]Quoted post[/post]​

Very Nice Car..I like them,,.....
enjoy it....... :thumbsup:

and it got a new radiator last year too! Cool!

Originally posted by 90 accord@May 1 2005, 04:48 AM
aren't the flywheels on auto's usually just a thin piece of metal?
[post=493565]Quoted post[/post]​

Flexplate...yup.

Nice car. Stick some black 19's with a polished lip on that bitch and call it a day :)

Originally posted by 90 accord@May 1 2005, 04:48 AM

Good for you, an automatic transmissioned car doesn't have a Flywheel. It's got a torque convertor instead.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+May 1 2005, 12:28 PM-->
90 accord
@May 1 2005, 04:48 AM

Good for you, an automatic transmissioned car doesn't have a Flywheel. It's got a torque convertor instead.

-> Steve
[post=493670]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought the torque converter just replaced the clutch. if it doesnt have the flywheel, what does the starter grab onto to turn the motor over?

Nice car, congratulations. It has 2 things going for it...

1.) Nas raps about it in the song If I ruled the World. Kinda cool to have a car a rapper talks about.

2.) They're pretty quick. I raced one on the interstate with my SHO. Honestly we were about even. Got up to about 120. If it had been from a stop I think I would have killed em, but on the interstate we were about even. Anyway my point is it's not a bitch.

Hope ya have fun with it. And DO NOT put black rims on it, good lord.

Originally posted by Celerity+May 1 2005, 10:28 AM-->
90 accord

-> Steve

Then that's the problem. I couldn't remember if someone said it was the flywheel or TC.

Originally posted by senate_9427+May 1 2005, 12:54 PM-->
Originally posted by Celerity@May 1 2005, 12:28 PM
90 accord

-> Steve

i thought the torque converter just replaced the clutch. if it doesnt have the flywheel, what does the starter grab onto to turn the motor over?
[post=493673]Quoted post[/post]​

The torque converter has teeth thingies on it.
641000.gif

i know auto's have torque converters, but i still thought there was a small flywheel on the end of the crank..

AH, there are some torque convertors with teeth on them, some not. The thin plate is a starter plate - the TCI in that picture is an aftermarket that does with out it.

the TC in my Celica has a starter input shaft to keep the entire unit sealed. It's pretty ahead of it's time though.

-> Steve

Autos suck. Lets talk about something else.

eh, i think the front end looks really...awkward. but hey, its your car, you like it...good for you!

Back